Steam authentication failed HTTP 403

Hello i need really help i just bought a vps did everything but iam getting this wierd error
Thanks.41aded47f32292a0a1adb80fca410378

1 Like

Have you put your steam web api key in the config?

yes …

then it’s not a valid key…?

did you fix it? im hacing same problem

I had the same problem, identify that my problem was that I change the password of my steam user with which I generate the ApiKey, generate a new one and it works.

Still doesn’t work after this step.

Same, did you fix it?

Having same problem. I changed my password still failed

same problem

Same issue vmenu perms won’t work and I believe this is the reason any fix?

1 Like

for any one needing steam authentication for perms try to substitute the lisc. key of the payer with their steam key in the server cfg change any .steam: to .license: followed by their license key, works for vmenu too (least on the latest one.

I’m also having this same issue. I’ve had a server up and running for months and then suddenly I’m only now just getting this issue. Anybody manage to find what’s causing it?

1 Like

After a lot of digging, and a lot of help from some friendly folk over at FiveM’s Discord, I found that my steam API key was invalid and had to generate a new one. This completely fixed the problem. You can generate a new Steam API key here

Then, in your server.cfg, search for set steam_webApiKey and you can put your new key in there.