[Standalone] [Paid] Helicopter Camera

Awesome work.

Disregard comment on 6247 issue, appears to be conflicting with a separate popular resource created by FiveTwelve for spotlight usage.

That’s the threads that are running, I don’t think they would be the issue.

Here is an image of my network event log, how does yours look like?

Thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

Anyone have issues with the compass showing incorrectly?

Facing West but compass shows East?

Edit - NVM adjusted the svg file and its algood

11/10 script - Great work!

1 Like

This issue has existed since 2017 or 2018, when the first helicopter camera script came out. I believe the author created this script based on other scripts.
Also, I believe you are using some kind of anti-DDoS server. This issue won’t be fixed until someone really recreates a script, not just an “inspired” one.

EDIT: OK, further explanation: it is not fully OneSync compatible and optimized.

So the script cause crashes?

ok so after testing and playing with it a bit more, i’ve noticed the degree is a bit backwards, for West it shows 90 degree and for East it shows 270 degrees.

Any idea why it is backwards?

I’ve got no clue how I missed it, but the value sent to the nui seems to be the opposite of what it should be, hence why the compass is acting a little weird.

It has been fixed, I’ll push an update later today when I’ve fixed the other issue mentioned.

As of right now, it seems that large (maybe onesync?) servers might have issues when a passenger uses the camera (spotlight related?), and as far as I’ve heard it’s not a crash, but rather that the server auto kicks you due to network event overflow.

The script is built up from the bottom and is not based on any older scripts, however, it seems that you are right on the onesync part. The issue most likely stems from sending an event to the server when you’re not the network controller of the helicopter (which the passenger is not, hence this is only an issue for passengers).

I’ll be reworking the system to send the data through the camera operator’s player state rather than the helicopter entity. Expect an update later today.

A possible “fix” for those who can’t wait is to turn off the spotlight until the issue is fixed.

Okay, so I’ve uploaded an update to the keymaster, it should fix the onesync issues with the network overflow. (I’ve only made the spotlight use the player state, I’ll do the others tomorrow morning, but they should not matter in the grand scheme of things).

If either @BradFitt or @Pertinax could give me a heads-up if it works or not that would be great!

I also fixed the bearing being inverted and changed/fixed some raycast flags.

3 Likes

Sure. I will test and report.

With the new update, It works now! Thank you so much, but we encounter one issue, Reppeling seems that is not working on our side.

Possibly is from our end, but we do not what it would be.

With the new update, It works now! Thank you so much, but we encounter one issue, Reppeling seems that is not working on our side.

Possibly is from our end, but we do not what it would be.

it does say Rappeling! but it does nothing, we found out that It actually tries and the ped head moves for a fraction of a second, but still does not rappel.

Hm… weird, all the script does is trigger the TaskRappelFromHeli native, so I’m not sure if that’s anything I can fix. (It works perfectly for me)

I bought a script and the web browser doesn’t work so I can download it, what should I do?

Hello!

I’m unsure what website you are referring to, if it’s https://keymaster.fivem.net/ then there’s sadly not much I can do, as it’s fivem/cfx that operates the website. Now the keymaster does seem to be up for me, so maybe you need to try again. If not perhaps you should try again in a new browser? (chrome, firefox etc.)

Can you please name the website if it’s not the keymaster you are referring to?

Hi, everything is fine now and I have already downloaded and used the script on the server. It’s super thank you

Dňa po 13. 2. 2023, 14:17 MadsL via Cfx.re Community <thiscamefrom@fivem.net> napísal(a):

This one looks really good and unique. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Hey there. The spotlight does not appear to be synching for players on my server while using OneSync. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?