[STANDALONE] Mask Clipping Fix

Mask Clipping fix

This script fixes all issues with player faces clipping through masks.
No idea why no one has made something like this yet. Seems like an issue on all servers I’ve been on.

DOWNLOAD (v1.1.0):
mask-fix.zip (3.5 KB)

GITHUB:

Video Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtQv6e1fLpk

40 Likes

What a bomb, it just does what it says, its magnificent. the best release in years <3 Will you fix arms aswell ? :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll try

4 Likes

Wow, someone actually using CFX Natives how they are supposed to be used. Amazing work dude!

1 Like

thanks for this pimp

Does this also fix when wearing custom hair , and a hat or cap the hair poking though?

Hopefully it will work on clothes too, because the same thing goes for clothes.

Was able to integrate this with dpclothing and illenium-appearance and remove the loop to save on performance. Thanks a ton!

Nice job
This would be amazing to do with clothes

Good job :wink:

It should also work for females and not just males

FIX:

local freemodeModels = {
[mp_m_freemode_01] = ‘mp_m_freemode_01’,
[mp_f_freemode_01] = ‘mp_f_freemode_01’
}

As stated on the GitHub, this only works for masks (component index 11, BERD).
I thought about doing helmets, but there is really no need. If developers ultimately make their hats and hair with the correct flags and restrictions, the game will correctly trim or bald the players hair.

Hey,
I’ve only briefly skimmed the code, but did you have to change much to make it work with illenium?

The formatting kinda ruined your code, but what does this exactly fix?

Just change this: [ mp_f_freemode_01] = ‘mp_f_freemode_01’

Because @M_a_e_x_B_i_t_t_e_r was saying it only worked on men…

It seems they made a mistake and duplicated the man

Ah :man_facepalming:. Good catch. I updated the GitHub and Download

1 Like

What a brilliant release. I waited so long for something like this. Keep up the good work.

The issue here are the 3D devs for sure! But like 80% of hair mods i tested have this issue, because a lot of devs just don’t care abouth helmets, caps. So a script that fixes hair & mask clipping would be nice.

The thing is, you can’t really make a comprehensive script to fix that. As previously mentioned, there are restriction tags for pretty much all cases (full face, open face, show hair, top hat etc.). Rockstar items are largely error-free. To fix the work of devs who don’t use restriction tags/clothing flags, you would essentially need to create your own index of custom clothing items and manually review if each one potentially violates any flags.
This is not unthinkable to do for a single server, but next to impossible to do comprehensively on a large scale. My suggestion is always to try and work with the game, not against it. By making an aforementioned script, you are just needlessly complicating a process that Rockstar has already set clear standards for. I’m not an expert in the creation of clothing assets, but my suggestion would be to look into your addon clothing metadata (.ymt files) and review the metadata of buggy items.

2 Likes