[STANDALONE] [FREE] Boat Anchor v2

This is an update for my anchor script from last year. The changes are:

• Added a config file
  • Added notifications with custom icons (can change to chat messages in config)
  • Added sound effects (Same one as when you jump in the water/come up)
  • The anchor can break if you try to move (can disable in the config)
  • You need to slow down before being able to anchor (configurable speed in mph)
  • Changed it to one command instead of two
  • Made the sea plane (dodo) able to use the anchor (Requested by @FernandoDiaz25 )
  • Added keymapping. The key is i but can be changed by the player (Requested by @DABRIT )

New in v2.1:

• Added ox_lib notification support. (Requested by @DABRIT)
  • Re-wrote some parts of the code for easier changes.
  • Fixed an issue with the latest version of vMenu where the anchor would not work. Not 100% sure (Reported by @LamontCranston)

Config.lua:

• Re-wrote the entire config file for easier understanding.
  • Added “NotificationType” to easily change from the normal GTA notifications to ox_lib.

Showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PzeEpjRsUE
Github Download
Direct Download

Resmon: 0.00% most of the time

Code is accessible | Yes
Subscription-based | No
Lines | 224
Requirements | ox_lib
Support | Yes

5 Likes

Thnx for sharing this, was just busy with my old anchor script and had to wait before it dropped.
My hero!

1 Like

Can working with sea plane, no?

1 Like

No but if you want I can make it work later tonight

1 Like

Could you make it work with oxlib notifications and with keybinds?

1 Like

Idk about the notifications but I’ll add keybinds for it when I’m able to
While waiting you can use the f8 console and type: bind keyboard “key” “anchor”

Thanking you for update :grinning:

1 Like

The script notifies that the anchor is set, however boat drifts and can be driven off.

Any idea of any other scripts this conflicts with?

The latest vMenu has an anchor script, wonder if that is the cause of the conflict?

Pretty sure it is because I don’t use the latest version and haven’t had any issues with the script
I’ll try to fix it soon

Hey! Sorry for the wait but I tested it today and it was working fine for me. I only had the issue once but I restarted my script without making any changes and it worked. I’m not sure what’s causing your issue but maybe starting pr_anchor before vMenu in the server.cfg file could change something? I honestly don’t know. However I might release a new version soon which might fix your issue and some new features

thanks for looking into it, the vmenu one is finicky as well, if you are too close to a dock (prop) it wont deploy either