[Standalone][Update Coming] Paradox Fire Dispatch [Beta v1.0.1]

Paradox Fire Dispatch - The premiere fire system

Current Version:
Version BETA 1.0.1

This is an original fire script developed by JnKTechstuff(Jake K #2217) with some code from Albo1125’s previous fire script. The code has been commented and credited and prior permission granted from @albo1125.

Primary goals for this project:

“Bring fire to every server and allow pull requests to improve it. Hopefully this script can become the baseline for all fire related scripts so there can be a full ecosystem built.”

Using:

Be warned that ParadoxFireDispatch is in BETA stages and may not be 100% stable. There may also be remnants of potato code. But I will continue to improve and update the script as well as accept PRs.

You MUST use Onesync to use this script, it uses serverside natives not available on legacy

If you want to use job limits and other things you must either adapt the script for ESX or use ExM

If you are not using any of the job stuff or a different framework remove this line in fxmanifest.lua:

shared_script '@extendedmode/imports.lua'

Links & Read more:

Features:

• Server synchronized fires
  • Fade-in/fade-out effect
  • After effects
  • Dynamic fire spawning based on player events
  • No floating fires

Screenshots:

Click to reveal

Commands:

if enabled in config

• /startfire <number of flames> <radius of fire>

Requirements:

• A working brain and if you want jobs then Extendedmode (works out of the box) or some other framework

Planned Features:

• If no random fires in x amount of time start a fire from a defined table of coords
  • Multiple fires
  • Fire spreading

Download:

Github
Latest Release

Reporting issues:

If you can reproduce the issue consistently then please open an issue on the GitHub. Basic support may be given but is not guaranteed or required. Use this script at your own risk, if you break your server I am not responsible.

Updates

Update 10-3-20

• Fixed the rare instances of the script not finishing cleanup
  • Version bumped to 1.0.1

Download the latest release here

Legal

Paradox Fire Dispatch

This program Is free software: you can redistribute it And/Or modify it under the terms Of the GNU General Public License As published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 Of the License, Or (at your option) any later version.

This program Is distributed In the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty Of MERCHANTABILITY Or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License For more details.

You should have received a copy Of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If Not, see Licenses - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation.

18 Likes

How import sql?

Step 1: Import brain
Step 2: Don’t be Farva
Step 3: Profit

5 Likes

WOW - i’m hurt, Jake.
Great release <3

2 Likes

im new to fivem scripting … how do i install this please :stuck_out_tongue: … <---- joking … good release dude :slight_smile:

That’s dope and I have suggestion if not implemented yet, make when no one extinguish fire ID x after some time, it will expire and fade away. (So if there is no FF department available for an example.)

Timeout is already a thing in the config. Define a time in minutes before the script will automatically time out. Its defined in minutes:

Config.Timeout

Looks like a nice release!
I also have a suggestion: can you implement a function that makes it able to see a blip on the map of where the fire is or to be able to set a waypoint to a fire?
Would make it awesome and handy for firefighter jobs.

You can hook it to whatever script for that yourself. Again this is a “base”. I dont want to bloat it down with unnecessary stuff. So the main trigger even can be hooked and maybe I will add an open event that gets triggered on a fire so you can more easily hook into whatever script you want and do whatever you want.

I should also note that if people want to build “add-on” scripts I can bundle it with the main script in a folder called “plugins”. Because after all this is supposed to be the base of sorta a “fire framework” that you can add-on to. For instance we have the fire alarm script by Christopher hooked as well as his pager script.

I hope this makes sense.

So got a little problem

add_ace group.admin “command.startfire” allow
Changed it to
add_ace group.firecmd “command.startfire” allow

But i still can do the /start commands unless i disable my vMenu group.admin

Its just with the reason that i don’t wan’t admins to run the cmd as i only allow the Fire chief to use the cmd

Any line of code that i have to change thats not just the ace line, So it dusnt conflict with vMenu perms?
Ace line —> add_ace group.admin “command.startfire” allow

You say the script has dynamic fire spawning based on player events. Can you go into further detail on that?
Like, if a car explodes, does a fire spawn?

In addition, what’s stopping me or anyone else from using Albo’s script instead. What are the specific major differences, if any?

awesome script!!!

So I got a couple questions about the script. So when I throw a molotov it sometimes will activate the script and become a bigger fire or sometimes it will just stay as the default GTA fire. Is this a normal thing or is something wrong? Also I saw before you said that the fire alarm script by Christopher as well as his pager script were hooked to the script. Is that currently hooked up cause I got both of the scripts installed. PS: Heres a pic of what I mean by stays the default GTA fire.

using esx here, quick question. Do these first start buy themselves or does someone with the right perms have to go out and “seed” them?

To the first:
The script uses a onesync event that listens for player owned explosions on the server. This can be literally any explosion but I chose logical ones to include: car explosions, Molotovs, plane explosions, gas tank explosions, ect. Look in the config for a full list.

To the second:
Albo’s fire script is 3 years old and I will highlight some things that is different:

• The fires all spawn properly even on hilly terrain or from outside to inside a building, no floating fires.
  • Albo’s fire script basically every client puts fires around a point but each individual flame can be in a different part of that area. Basically it’s not synced so fire on client A and B are the exact same. There is also no syncing between clients. All this is done here.
  • This script spawns fires dynamically and not just for Menu type servers with a command (it was developed for DOJRP 3 years ago again)
  • This script is being actively maintained.
1 Like

If you are running onesync then yes. Please read the config as I properly commented everything.

Molotovs are in the config to have a random fire chance. So yes sometimes they will not trigger the script (gta fire) and sometimes they will (script fire)

Not by default, you will have to do it yourself. Maybe he will impliment a hook for this script in the future and release a plug-in for it. That’s up to him not me, he has been made aware of this script. I even gave him a pre-release. So all in all, not my script so not up to me. But I’d love to see it

sweet thanks a ton! sorry i should have looked first. thank you!!

1 Like

looking at the config now and i love what you have, just wondering if there is a way to add more jobs that can see it. would it be as easy as this?

-- ## Default: fire ## --
Config.Job = 
'fire',
'admin',
'police',
'ambulance'

Perfect thank you for ur help!