[Standalone][Update Coming] Paradox Fire Dispatch [Beta v1.0.1]

Does this retain the /stopallfires command? I’m just thinking with the automatic fires, if it starts one that is outside our AOP, can a staff member just run a stop command to cancel that fire?
EDIT–Ok, I just re-read and saw that the timed start if no random is a planned feature so the likely hood of someone starting a fire outside the AOP is not really an issue, but still have a potential issue of people starting fires in AOP when we don’t have active FD so my question about a stop command still remains. I understand it will time out after X amount of time per the config, but being able to just command stop it would be good too.

Also, you mentioned you have Christophers alarm and pager scripts. We don’t use his alarm, but we do use his pager. Will this natively trigger the fire pager and if not, can you explain how to make it do so by chance? I can understand enough lua to kinda follow along with what a script is doing and make simple changes, but beyond that, I’m pretty good at following instructions.

Read above, I answered this

No, it’s a single job checker, you will have to modify it to multiple jobs.

PR one

Nice release, finally a fire script that isn’t super outdated. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Woooh! nice work!

Nice release

This is a amazing script, We use this in all of our servers

First off i wanna thank you for bringing us a firescript that is finally up to date with the current times. It is wonderful seeing a great release. now the reason i am here. i have installed the script. i removed the essentialmode command line to make it a standalone. I also added the ace command permission in my server.cfg. But when i run the command to start a fire i am receiving this error.

Error Screenshot

I looked into the code and undersure why its causing it. something about cordinates.

Are you running Onesync? Because that error can only appear if the coords gotten are nil:

local player = source
local ped = GetPlayerPed(player)
local playerCoords = GetEntityCoords(ped)
TriggerEvent('FireScript:StartFire', source, playerCoords, tonumber(args[1]), tonumber(args[2]))

variable playerCoords is nil for some reason and that is the only way I think that is possible

or

Somehow you didn’t send the server any of your coords…

I was able to reproduce the error by throwing molovs at vehicles. Just throwing them doesn’t show the error and shooting at vehicles doesn’t show the error.

You just gave me 2 ways to not reproduce the error? I am hyper confused…

I did give how to reproduce and also misspelled Molotov.

Oh no. That was the one thing I forgot to do is turn on onesync. Thank you for your response.

I think what @termanator1128 was saying is that just throwing molovs (like at the ground) did not trigger the error, but throwing them at vehicles does. Also that shooting the vehicles with a gun does not indicating it is related to the molys interacting with the vehicle for a fire.

We are having issues with fires that cannot be put out as well as an fires that only show for 1 person. Several times since we put this in, we would have a fire and it would be completely out for everyone on the scene except for 1 person (and it would be random who the person was). We also had a couple fires that originated from explosions and it doesn’t matter how much water we throw at them, they will not go out. We had one that was going for over an hour last night and didn’t stop until I finally did a quick server restart because we were tired of random people joining, seeing it, and calling in the fire to 911.

1 Like

This is known and will be fixed next update.

As for the cars and Molotovs, I can look into it.

For anyone having issues with anything. Again, please open an issue on the github so it can be properly tracked and fixed.

It looks great I will certainly test it in the future

1 Like

Hey there, nice script. Works well and is really usefull.

I had an idea for some new features (maybe for the future). What about beeing able to controll the size of the black smoke on starting a fire vie the command?
Also it would be a nice feature (I think) if you would be able to just spawn the black smoke (so the fire wihtout fire, just the black smoke).

Maybe you could think about that in the future. Would be very nice!