[SOLVED: SEE LAST REPLY] RedM Infinite Loading Screen 06MAY2022

**RDR2 version 1432

**My game is up to date

**Legit Copy

**Epic Games

**Windows version 10, 21H2

**I attempted to delete caches.xml multiple times

**This happens on every server I try to log onto, but I’m specifically trying to play on Wild West RP

**Ryzen 7 5700X, Asus Strix RTX 3080 OC, 3xM.2 NVMEs

**I attempted to log into this server to play, and got infinite loading screens.

CitizenFX_log_2022-05-07T025548.log (86.1 KB)

d4100c85-3b8a-4fee-851e-f7dbbb847e1f.dmp.gamelog (2.5 KB)

If an issue with starting:

D:\RedM

**Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus- “Yes, it is disabled”
**Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin - “Yes, AND No”

**I’ve attempted literally every fix I could find on this server and the /r/RedM subreddit. I am at a complete loss with how to fix this issue.

3 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I still haven’t been able to get in, but I have an updated log from my latest attempt
CitizenFX_log_2022-05-07T031335.log (161.7 KB)

1 Like

So I managed to load RedM with DirectX12 by replacing my system.xml file for rdr3 settings with my Rdr2 story mode system.xml file.

Doing this actually made further progress in the RedM launcher when logging into the server, but now im getting a RageNetTcpWorker error in my CitizenFX_log.

CitizenFX_log_2022-05-07T183552.log (95.8 KB)

2 Likes

After a very long 2 days, I have managed to fix the issue.

I first uninstalled RDR2 from the Epic Games Launcher, and then uninstalled Rockstar Games Launcher. Then Reinstalled rdr2 and rockstar.

Following that, I then added RedM to my Steam library and launched it through Steam (even though I own rdr2 on egs) I made sure to have egs, rockstar, and steam all open for this.

Also, after each attempt at a new fix, I made sure to delete the cache folders in RedM application data just in case.

This seems to be a fix-all method to reinstall rdr2 AFTER RedM is completely updated, and then make sure to attach RedM to your steam library as a non-steam game, since this fix also worked for my wife’s computer (she owns rdr2 on steam instead of egs)

If anyone wants to ask me for help, send me a message, or @ me in the cfx discord under support for RedM and I will help you troubleshoot this!

9 Likes

Man thank you so much this actually fixed it I was about to give up on trying till I came across this

Hey Man, can i ask for you help? tried doing what you said but its still the same for me. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.