[solved] No heartbeat on my IP

Hey guys, I am experiencing some weird issue. Since this morning our server constantly was in a restart loop, because txAdmin didn’t recognized it is up, because it does not send a heartbeat. There is just no heartbeat comming, it’s starting normally but no heartbut. I can’t access 127.0.0.1:30120/info.json on the dedicated server itselfs, so something is clearly wrong. I hope someone can help me. (Seems like some issue only on my IP or on this machine, on a submachine it works fine)

What I did so far:

• tried updating/downgrading txAdmin
  • tried updating/downgrading FxServer
  • tried rebooting the whole dedicated server
  • tried it without txAdmin
  • tried it with a clean server.cfg & resources (completely clean new server)
  • tried debugging it
  • tried changing port
  • tried changing keys
  • tried changing directories
  • tried to restart txAdmin
  • tried to wait lmao
  • checked if I have any network issues
  • checked if I am retarded (i’m not)
  • tried using a hyperv sub machine with a clean server (boots up fine)
  • tried it on my local machine, also works fine

Dedicated Server specs:
Ryzen 5 3600X
64GB DDR4 Ram
2 x 512GB NVME
1GBIT Network
Located in Germany, Falkenstein
Windows 2019 Datacenter
Timezone Europe/Berlin

Screenshots:

We tried a few other things.

We bought a new IP address and set up a new HyperV machine with Windows Server 2019 Standard. We literally only installed Chrome, WinRar & the required VisualC thingy. We copied our server, used a new license key, and still it does not work. There are no networking issues or blocked ports at all. We can’t get it to run. We validated the server key and it says true, so it’s working fine.

console says

Authenticating server license key... 
[txAdminClientLUA] Threads and commands set up. 
All Ready. Server license key authentication succeeded. Welcome!

we’ve tried a clean server, and this also does not work. it just does not boot up. are there currently any problems?

We are desperate and there’s no other thing we know we could try. I guess we need you @nta

This is the error we get when I click on the key’s id:

… if diagnostics show requests timed out, how about the fact perhaps being that requests did time out?

The entire topic is tl;dr at this time, but egh maybe there’s another Winsock bug in latest monthly (or maybe 2020-08B?) Windows updates, wouldn’t be the first time.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! We tried several options, like updating Windows and checking the Firewall. And it does work on our second machine! We are able to join, but actually I don’t really know why. Then I tried it on our main machine, didn’t worked. This whole situation is completely weird.

On Saturday morning people were on our server, then we restarted at around 11:00 a.m. and since that moment the error occured.

Now, when I start the server and wait a bit, it starts sending heartbeats and that’s good. But I’m still not able to join,

Before that I had HTTP 502, checked dns settings and so on, but I found nothing wrong.

Our hoster asked me todo a MTR (https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/), is that effective, or rather: could this help solving the issue?

1 Like

Not likely if even local attempts to access the socket do not seem to work.

This is some OS-level oddness, if it even happens on an otherwise clean VM there’s either some oddity on the host machine or one should uninstall recent OS updates and go back to, say, 2020-07 update levels. :confused:

1 Like

Thanks m8, I’ll try that. Now, on our third VM it works and people can play. Same for our second VM.
Just for the protocol:
Main machine version: 1809 (Build 17763.1432)
Second machine version: 1809 (Build 17763.107)
Third machine version: 1809 (Build 17763.107)
So I guess you are right, thanks bubble! <3

1 Like

This is documented on the Microsoft site as a preview update. How did a production server instance end up running this?

1 Like

Is it? Damn, I really don’t know why this is on my server. Thanks for telling me that :slightly_smiling_face:

I am now on 17763.107 and still does not work :frowning:

is there any chance that my ip is blocked/banned? could you check that?

that wouldn’t make it so that even local access doesn’t work, would it now?

1 Like

yeah true. I forgot about that point. Anyways, I’ll reinstall my whole server tonight/tomorrow.

So what was the issue? Idk. I guess my Windows was broken.

I reinstalled my Windows completely and now it works fine.
I’m on version 1809 17763.973 now. Thank you bubble