[SOLVED] My plugin won't load

FiveReborn crashes on start (before GTA V window) with Fatal Error: Couldn’t load Gears.asi. This is a mod I’m developing.

GTA Version VER_1_0_877_1_STEAM
Everything is fresh and up-to-date.
Legit Steam copy.
Windows 10 x64
Generic “Couldn’t load Gears.asi”
GTA V folder screenshot: Eh, it’s normal and loads normally.
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot: Eh, fully updated + irrelevant car mods
Filepath to FiveReborn folder: D:\Games\FiveReborn
FiveReborn client folder screenshot: I added plugins
CitizenFX.log: http://pastebin.com/LgMUZM6Z
.dmp files: n/a

So I’m the developer and wondering why my script won’t load. I’m not doing too strange things I hope.
Vehicle address and access with getScriptHandleBaseAddress(). NOPing a bunch of instructions when entering a vehicle. Aside from that simple DirectInput and XInput usage. Any idea what could go wrong? My script doesn’t seem to generate a log anywhere (usually does right when the game launches/script attached).

Update: See last post.

Hello Ikt, first of thank you for developing this mod im loving it!
How are you installing it? cause im using it without problems

1 Like

@Sondre

Which version are you using? I haven’t tried it with the stable version (4.1.3), but that worked the last time.

As for installation, I just put the .asi in FiveReborn/plugins

I’ll reinstate the old original implementation of getting the base address of a handle later, maybe that’s more compatible than relying on ScriptHookV (or the lack thereof).

Also do you use Custom Steering? Afaik it doesn’t work for Fivereborn (and I can’t find the sequence of bytes responsible for it either) but I can probably find something for FiveReborn.

Strange, MTM works fine for me ikt:

Custom Steering doesn’t work for me though, which IMO is a must for using a wheel in 5R.

I found the issue, thanks for the help!

I’ll try and see if I can get a lite version of CustomSteering integrated. For now, it works normally in FiveReborn. Test build here, configuration for wheels is a bit tricky, usage with controller is as usual.

hi there i have a small problem all my game is up to date

and fivem is fine but for some reason i keep getting this crash message

FiveM encountered an error

couldn’t load gears.asi

but i dont know why whould you ??

2 Likes

6 year old topic.