[SOLVED] essentialmode - Unable to find steam

Hello. I apologize, I’ve spent several hours combing through what feels like thousands of posts here and can’t seem to find anyone else that has the same issue. Unless it’s way buried. I also tried using the search function on the site for posts with similar wording but to no avail. (I’m probably just technically disinclined honestly.) Anyway, here goes. I’ll even use the support template just in case!

GTA V version?
Should be the latest. I think. (Steam if you meant that)
Up to date?
Should be!
Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit as legit can be. Bought off steam so.
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam-io!
Windows version?
Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yep, several times actually!
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications
er, 16 gigs of ram, Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 970, and a SSD along with a mechanical drive. Both around 500g I think.
What did you do to get this issue?
Installing essentialmode
What server did you get this issue on?
private localhost server
CitizenFX.log file
Does it produce one if it doesn’t crash?
.dmp files/report IDs
Erm, I don’t see them. Probably blind honestly.
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yepyep, several times on and off.

Also add what you already tried so far.
removing esx/esm completely(Or rather disabled it in config) and it worked instantly. So It’s gotta be something silly like, I installed it wrong even though I swear I followed the guides. Maybe I’m just insane lol. Though the server doesn’t spit any issues out at me in the command window. So weird.

Please also describe the issue you are having, providing as much information as possible will help us to help you. A good format you could use: what have you tried to do, what did you expect to happen and what actually happened.

Basically, when esx/esm is installed I can’t connect to my localhost-ed test server. And, i’ve tried so many things. None of them seem to work. Restarting my computer, steam, the fivem client, the server, changing the server config around. Even the load order. Nothing seemed to fix it. Maybe, I’m just doing something so horridly wrong, that I’m a total dunce and just don’t deserve to host a server with this awesome stuff. xD Oh well. Thanks for at least taking the time to read this. Here’s hoping either I eventually find a fix, or someone ends up helping me find a fix. If I find one, or someone ends up helping me, I’ll be sure to figure out how to mark that post as as answer so others with this issue can quickly check to see what could be a fix for their issue too.

Again, thank you. Have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

Have you looked at this?

2 Likes

I thought you needed to own a website for that? Or am I horribly misunderstanding how the apikey works? If I’m just being a silly numpty I’m going to be so so embarrassed. Thanks for the help by the way. It’s pretty late for me right now but I’ll try this as soon as I get up. I hope I get to hear from you before I do though. So I know if I’m just misunderstanding that key thing.

Thank you again!

2 Likes

I…was an absolute total numpty. x.x I feel like a huge idiot. Thank you SO much. I’m so sorry, to have had to make you deal with my incompetence. Again, thank you SO much. x.x

Gosh I’m such an idiot. Sorry again. >.<

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.