[Solved 🤦‍♂️] @Chat/sv_chat.lua not working

This is a ESX server and has never been a vrp server
From server:

Creating script environments for chat
Error loading script sv_chat.lua in resource chat: @chat/sv_chat.lua:1: attempt to call a nil value (global ‘module’)
stack traceback:
@chat/sv_chat.lua:1: in main chunk
Failed to load script sv_chat.lua.
Started resource chat

From Cashe:

dependency “vrp”
server_scripts{
@vrp/lib/utils.lua”,
}

From F8:

It just says it need vrp but this is a ESX server

I mean you could just reinstall the default chat resource.

I have man, I feel like I’ve tried everything at this point that’s why I’m asking for help cause I can’t just take all my resource off and reupload all of them cause my internet to slow for that it would take days to finish uploading.

You must not be uploading the default resource since the default chat resource wouldn’t be giving those errors.

1 Like

Bro I promise I’ve been getting it from there I’ll try again and hit you back up when im done testing it

tried it again and still go the same error @termanator1128

Chat doesn’t rely on vRP or contain anything called “module” so looks like you installed a vRP chat resource instead of using the stock chat resource

I just reinstalled the one he just sent me and got the same error

@TheIndra @termanator1128 omg guy I’m sorry for wasting y’alls time the other person the works on the server with me was uploading a ton of cars and upload a chat into the [cars] folder :man_facepalming:

1 Like

do you have to lock this or how do i lock it

Great you fixed it! I marked your comment as solution, the topic will close in 30 days after last reply.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.