[SOLVED] Addon car pack | tuning and customizing doesn't work on some of the cars!

So i have tried sevral times now to make some addon car packs for mye server. I am using VehicleMetaMerge-master to merge all the meta files togheter but the issue is that i can’t tune some of the cars. Well some of the cars don’t have custom tuning parts but that’s not the issue. But i know you should at least be able to upgrade and tune the upgrade the vehicle and change window tint and wheels but i can’t on some of the cars.

Is there a way to make the tuning work correctly?

I have tried sevral times now changing the modkit id’s in the meta files and the tuning and customizing still doesn’t on some of the cars.

Thanks in advance.

[SOLVED]
So i figured it out what the problem was. I changed method on how to add multiple addon cars into one resorce. The method by using the vehicle meta merger tool messes up the carcols.meta and carvariaton.meta because it changing some of the values in the carvariation.meta and carcols.meta and also many of the addon cars uses the same modkitid for the addon vehicles that results in the cars tuning to crash/malfunction. Also a simple explanation is that is not recommended to have all the addons cars meta data merges into one meta file (carcols.meta, vehicle.meta, carvariaton.meta, vehiclelayout.meta) becuse many of the addon cars uses the some modkitids for the tuning it the meta files. This makes the cars with the same modkitid’s in the carcols.meta and carvariation.meta overwrite/run over each other and it makes the tuning crash/malfunction for some of the cars.

I started using this method now:

its works better and doesn’t ruin the tuning for the cars.

Do it manullay :slight_smile:

I can do that but i figured out the problem and that is many of the cars have the same modkit id in the carvariation.meta and carcols.meta. I read in another post in the forum that if the cars have the same modkit id in the carcols.meta and carvariation.meta that would mess up the tuning for the vehichles.

So i have to change the modkit id’s but i need to figure out what modkit id’s i can use that is not already been used.

1 Like

If you need help with installing stuff, I’d be more than willing to help

1 Like

Thanks! I would really appriciate all the help i can get.

1 Like

I am confused did my way not work or what xD I am willing to also help and i still use this way to do this day and did before I posted that with lots of cars in it, and have had no problems :slight_smile:

your method works 100%, it is the method where you merge all the meta data from the car into one meta file (carvariation.meta, vehicle.meta, handling.meta, vehiclelayout.meta) with the vehicle merge tool that dont work :slight_smile: i might explained it a little bit confusing because of my not so good english since its not my first language. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

hi, i have a question. i’ve added an add-on car with tuning parts on my server but in lscustoms i can’t add these tuning parts. what could i do? i want to use it in a roleplay server so that the mecano can edit the car. thanks!

Witch method have you used to add the vehicles to your server? :slight_smile:

1 Like

add-on method, i’ve done a resource with all the meta files and a vehicle_names.lua, a data folder with meta files and the lua one and a folder called stream with all mods and the model of the car. started in server cfg.

Okay, have you added the tuning parts ytf and ytd files in the stream folder for the vehicle?? also check check in the carvariation.meta and carcols.meta that the modkit id and name for the vehicle is the same.

already checked, added all ytfs and ytds

okay, then check the modkit id’s in the carvariation.meta and carcols.meta :slight_smile:

they’re actually the same

hmm :face_with_raised_eyebrow: For on my server i have issues with tuning on some addon vehicles, but the issue was the carcols.meta because the developer had made some typo in the carcols.meta

Check the meta files in: https://www.xmlvalidation.com/ for faults :slight_smile:

no errors were found :frowning: this is my situation right now if you want to take a look. g65.rar (15.5 MB)

thank you for all your answers i really appreciate you! maybe could it be a problem of esx_lscustoms?

no problem :slight_smile: but i think that esx_lscustoms is not the issue. I can’t see no issues so im not sure too be 100% honest :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I even think that it should just work like this, but it doesn’t and i’ve seen people using my same car with same tuning parts in another server… so idk what to do XD. maybe i’m going to try some other ways to add tuning parts.

I actually have this car on my server and the tuning works. but i found a issue with your resource.lua you have resource_manifest_version ‘f15e72ec-3972-4fe4-9c7d-afc5394ae207’ so try change it to resource_manifest_version ‘77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5’ :slight_smile:

ok thank you, i’ma try!