Setting up MySQL For FXServer On Linux

I have recently purchased a Game Dedicated Server through OVH.com , my System (OS) is Ubuntu Server 18.04 “Bionic Beaver” LTS , I did exactly like this tutorial https://forum.cfx.re/t/fx-server-tutorial-how-to-setup-fx-server-on-linux-from-start-to-finish/37156 and it is working perfect but I don’t know how to set up MySQL and database .

How could I setup MySQL and database ?

1 Like

Have you followed the tutorial?

yes but this tutorial needs database to set mysql_connection_string "server=localhost;uid=mysqluser;password=password;database=fivem" how I setup database ?

Oh you need the actual database, in which case have you tried Googling for mysql database tutorials on Google for Ubuntu? This isn’t a FiveM issue dirrectly, so it’s not something we can give you too much help with. Google is your friend.

I tried Googling for MySQL database tutorials that work with Ubuntu Server 18.04 but I couldn’t find any clear tutorial on how to set up database , + I thought anyone can help to setup MySQL and database .

Sure anyone can, but I’m not inclined to as it’s something anyone can setup, and it’s not a FiveM issue.

I personally like Digital Ocean’s tutorials, I find them easy to follow, maybe you will to.

If the issue is that you’re not comfortable working with command line, however, you may need to consider changing OSs.

Good luck

thank you for your help :slight_smile: I will be going to try to set up the database right now .