SetroAlert - Rockstar "alert" screen announcement system

for those times when a simple announcement doesn’t cut it and you really need everyone’s attention
it’s a very simple resource, i’m not gonna flex it

you type the command, it plays a beep sound and displays the screen to everyone. players then hit enter (or whatever their “OK” button is bound to) and it plays another sound and makes the screen disappear.
magic!
i guess it’s more noticeable than the standard announcement cause it literally doesn’t go away until you hit enter and you cant see shit until you hit enter

(sorry for the shitty screenshot, the alert was invis to the screenshot tools when in fullscreen for some reason)
have fun
make sure u annoy the fuck out of players with it
usage: /alert message
you must have ace access to “command” to be able to use it

setroalert.zip (1.4 KB)

12 Likes

so it would be add_ace Alerts Alerts.Alert allow

Can you add a command to make the alert appear only for one player ?
Like /alert [id] [message]

1 Like

Yea, this would be a useful feature to have. Also nice work! Keep it up! I would love to see more from you @Setro

Nice utility script :stuck_out_tongue:

assuming you are giving group.admin to players who should be admin, it would be:
add_ace group.admin command allow

maybe if i can think of a good application of this feature. frankly i don’t see the point, i don’t like adding stuff that i feel is pointless. no offense.

thank you pal, fan of your resources too, i use some :slight_smile:

1 Like

np, we only speak the truth :stuck_out_tongue:

@Setro This feature would be really handy, for example, to call a person in support! because otherwise everyone will be notified on the server and that is really annoying

You can just use TriggerClientEvent("alert", playerID, msg) in your script to call the alert on a certain player rather than everyone
I still don’t understand why you would want to have a full-blown alert cover their entire screen rather than a simple chat message though.

1 Like

Can you make that version because it would be great for moderation purposes

Me and my admin’s pals wants this to send people a warning, people that dont read chat (because maybe are idiots), but instead of kick them we just wanna warn them of something that they’re doing wrong.
Sometimes my server chat get too much spammy in ooc, of course i dont like it but i wont kick everyone, so the person that i am sending the message cant read it. So i just send an alert to only him or her.

I still don’t plan on making this a feature. This is not a moderation tool and will not track warnings.
I also frankly just don’t like the idea. There’s much better ways to implement an infraction system. I’m not going to half-ass it and have my reputation ruined if this is widely used in moderating a server. However I’ll consider making a good warning system in the future.

1 Like

its ok dude, :heart:

You really should sanitize out some of your comments. They are really childlike. ngl.

I really don’t give a shit. If you wanna know what a line does, ask me. Otherwise, whatever.
True I could’ve left more informational comments, but I figured the code was simple enough and follows documentation closely to where anyone could see what it was doing.
The comments don’t lie either.

at least you thought about the one i was mentioning.