Server resources downloading VERY slow on all servers / Textures not loading after connecting to a server

GTA V version? Latest as of 12.05.2019
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? R* Social Club
Windows version? 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) https://i.imgur.com/YTo2dZC.gifv and https://i.imgur.com/Wp0gcbO.png
System specifications i7 7700k, GTX 970, 16 gb RAM, 2x SSD (game and fivem on ssd), 1x HDD
What did you do to get this issue? Nothing.
What server did you get this issue on? Last night it was only on ADRP, today it’s on every NA server I try to connect to and most EU servers.
CitizenFX.log file https://pastebin.com/Vs1hWNG0
.dmp files/report IDs None for this error

Not an issue with starting, FiveM opens fine and I can connect to my local and some EU servers without issues.

So far I tried:
Reinstalled FiveM
Reinstalled GTA
Reset PC and router multiple times
Disabled AV and FW
Added new exceptions to both AV and FV

Detailed description:
Server files for the server I play on stopped downloading at full speed and started downloading really really slow, I spent the whole day trying to fix the issue but I couldn’t resolve anything. Last night every other server I tried connecting to was working, now I can’t connect to any server besides maybe three because of my slow download. Even if I let the download complete after getting kicked/crash/time-out when the game loads everything is gray / textures are not loading in.

Speed results:

I don’t know what else to do, I can’t play FiveM at all and I’ve tried everything I can.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

2 Likes

bump!

2 Likes

Still having this issue after the update.

2 Likes

Where is your FiveM located?
Also, your downloads always fail, that might be a space issue. Make sure that you have enough space to download the servers content.

Hamburger
:hamburger: :mascot:

3 Likes

FiveM is located in AppData, I had the same results when it was installed in a different place.
I’ve got space on my SSD where FiveM is.
I’m still having slow speeds but I can load into the server, still the assets download shows that speed is very very slow and Task Manager says network usage is around 1 Mbps for FiveM.

2 Likes

Well, I can’t really say what your Problem Here is then…
Maybe @FAXES or someone else can help Here better, personally I think that’s the best you can do .

(Sorry Faxes for mention… hope I this is no violation or something against the rules :sweat_smile: )

@Real-hamburger No anytime

Also just looking here now, might if gone over it, but is this on every server? Or just one? Any PC resources being over loaded?

1 Like

It happens on most of the servers I try to connect to, only servers that use my full download are a few European servers.
The server I’m playing on is in NA, I’m EU.
Odd enough, a friend of mine from Canada told me he’s having the same issue as I am when connecting to EU servers.
I can see the assets downloading really, really slow after connecting.

No resources overloading.

1 Like

I fixed mine by deleting the FiveM\FiveM.app folder and ran the exe again, which worked for me.

1. go to cash folder and fivem.exe C:\Users\pcusername\AppData\Local\FiveM (it will re download everything)
  2. try join a server
1 Like

I’ve deleted that folder and reisntalled FiveM numerous times.
I can only download normally on EU servers, everything with more than 100 ping my download is 200 kbps. I checked with my ISP and they do not see anything wrong with my network.

i mean, higher the ping the worse it will be. thats pretty normal.

1 Like

Until 3 days ago I had good download speeds on all servers I go to, ping on the server I play on is always around 130 for me and I’ve never had any issues with gameplay or downloading.

So, it’s not a ping issue because this issue emerged with the update that came out around the time my problems started.

So, to make it clear again: I was able to download server files and assets using my full internet speed until 3 days ago, when my speed got lowered to 0.1 - 1.0 Mbps. The whole time I was playing FiveM was on the same server and that server is NA. This issue never happened before to me.

1 Like

Update: Issue resolved by itself, no software changes, no drivers installed, no updates.

1 Like

Internet probs

Sincerely doubt that since everything was fine with my connection and even my ISP confirmed so, every other app worked fine and without problems.

1 Like

Still need help with this, it’s driving me crazy.

I found a fix try using a vpn to connect, found out my isp was dropping the connection with some servers. Turned on a vpn and connected right away, issues form a U.K. ISP!

I already tried using a VPN but it didn’t help :confused:

2 Likes

I’m still experiencing issues with this, I’ve done everything I can to try and resolve this but I just can’t get any results.