Server configuration for 64 slots

Hi all!
What configuration i need to run the fivem server smootly on windows server?

I want to start with 64 slots.
What do you recommend?

Thank you.

What? No, there is no such thing. I don’t know why you’re spreading false information.

@hereweare It honestly depends on what you plan to run on it. I’d recommend starting with something small, if you feel the need for more resources, scale upwards. Personally started with a small VPS running Debian 10 (Linux) and had no issues, but had to eventually scale up.

Thank you, what configuration (CPU, RAM) you will recommend?

Linux host is better for 64 slots too than windows one?

1 Like

No. It’s way, way, way worse.

1 Like

Excuse-me but what?
The most populated server on FiveM right now (reaching 700 to 800 players on a single server every day) is using Windows since ages. (https://servers.fivem.net/servers/detail/k3gzy7)
Linux also lacks a lot of debugging tools that are pretty useful to debug any performance issue one could have.
Please refrain from misinforming people with non-sense please.

@hereweare as Vivi4n told you, it depends on what you needs. Take in mind that single core perf is always better than higher clock count to run any gameserver, so i7/i9 or Ryzen CPU are better than Xeons at this. Usually you don’t need much RAM even with lot of players or ressource.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.