Server Can't Find License Key/Doesn't Find server.cfg file

My old FXServer was working perfectly fine when running FiveM. I tried updating it today with a newer version off of the artifacts branch, the newest one under /artifacts/fivem/build_server_windows/master/. I copied the files over from the unzipped .rar file into my server directory. When I launch the run.cmd file to start the server, it keeps giving me this: "This server does not have a license key specified. Please set the sv_licenseKey console variable to a key from https://keymaster.fivem.net/. (for example, 'set sv_licenseKey “key” in the config, or ‘+set sv_licenseKey key’ on the command line). I’ve also noticed that when attempting to run this run.cmd file, at the very top it tells me “INFO: No channel links found in configuration file.” Not sure if this is supposed to happen? It’s almost like the server isn’t seeing the server.cfg file.

my server.cfg file paste

I have made new keys on the keymaster site to no avail, I have redownloaded the server files from the branch, and tried different server versions. Is there something I’m missing?

This usually happens because the server isn’t being started from the directory where server.cfg resides. To explain better, here’s an example .bat file to start a server on a Windows machine.

cd /d C:\FiveM\server-data
C:\FiveM\run.cmd +exec server.cfg

You can change these paths to refer to your particular installation, save it as start.bat and then start the server via that file. See if that doesn’t resolve your issue.

That shows up in every server I’ve ever run. I’ve not noticed any ill effects from it.

This, among other reasons, is why it’s good practice to have two directories (as instructed in the https://docs.fivem.net/server docs)

1. Folder for the server files
  2. Folder for the server-data files

For example:
C:\fivem\server
C:\fivem\server-data

Thank you! Works now, thought that it was what you said but in the console it showed that it was finding all of the resources I had added and that tripped me up.

Hi, I have the same problem, I have redone this 3 times now and get the license error… you gotta zoom in on the pic.