Server

Windows Server 2k16
Xeon E-2236
64 GB Ram
Artifacts 5278
IP On Request
Resources available on request

Incident

september-kitten-robert - Crash to desktop occurring while moving from one populated area to another (Emerald Ranch to Saint Denis)
Expected behavior:
N/A
Actual behavior:
N/A
Steps to reproduce:
Was able to reproduce three times myself - around 15 others experienced this off an on throughout the span of an hour. Have crashes for 2 saved.
Client

CfxCrashDump_2022_02_19_04_52_01.zip (2.1 MB)
CfxCrashDump_2022_02_19_05_03_24.zip (2.0 MB)

Crash in CTaskUseScenario::ProcessEveryFrame, would be hard to find what’s wrong without repro.

I also have this problem. Can’t find the exact steps to reproduce.

I asked others to report back after the recent potential patches now in Canary. However, a player on Canary got india-lithium-two just prior to a group crash for other players on the latest hash for september-kitten-robert in 1491. I’m reporting it here in case there is any connection as this is eerily similar to another report I had gotten in the past where one person crashed with a unique hash and then a bunch of others crashed with september-kitten-robert. Attaching the crash dump here for india-lithium-two. In both the previous case and this latest report, the player had been near a horse and/or attempting to get onto a horse. May not be relevant, but noting it in case it might help.

CfxCrashDump_2023_02_27_23_14_06.zip (2.1 MB)

india-lithium-two

This is a similar crash caused by the same culprit but in some other place. As said in commit description, I only patched some places as an experiment. This specific crash was happening before and it’s not as popular as the ones that got patched, but it seems this one would be a bit harder to fix as the game uses a lot of data from the scenario info it expects to get, so it’s not only some cheap flag checks like before.

Here is a crash dump with the latest scenario info debug logged
CfxCrashDump_2023_03_05_05_53_40.zip (2.2 MB)

To be specific, the logs that @t3chman posted are from a client running unstable next to a client running beta that crashed. Logs started when beta client started crashing and stopped when they DCed. The crash dump is from the beta client

1 Like

CfxCrashDump_2023_04_13_20_35_46.zip (2.4 MB)

hard to put up a step by step but it seems to be random but often

It seems it’s yet another case like the one before.

Same problem here.
Lot of people arguing for multiple crashes, and mass-crashes too.

Any known fix?

No. It’s been an ongoing investigation for sometime. It’s an elusive issue.

Been hearing really positive things with the latest patch in Canary (Latest Unstable). Seems people are no longer crashing, but the debug info is being printed. I haven’t had a single report yet of a scenario task crash if the player is on Canary now.

Thanks @Disquse for all the continued efforts! :cowboy_hat_face:

same it only prints but not crashes.