Scenario Peds Not Spawning

I am currently having some issues with ambient ped spawns across my map;

I am testing 2 servers with the same configs;

• we have switched to a more recent server arifact after this issue started occurring;
  • game build 2189

On my test server peds spawn in the same expected locations like this

These and more locations will always have the same types of peds

However on my production server, they will never be in these locations; I will only have non-scenario peds (the ones walking the sidewalks)

Is this an issue of optimization in terms of textures ?? Or is there possibly a native function that may be getting called that is affecting this ?

Bump for same issue! Really trying to figure out how to add the scenario peds back in on a newer server build.

SetScenarioPedDensityMultiplierThisFrame(1.0, 1.0) doesn’t change this. Anyone out there with a solution?

likely a resource issue;

Just an anecdotal observation, but the more MLOs I have running, the less ambient peds seem to spawn, at least for me. If I’m running like one or two MLOs, they spawn frequently. Anymore than that and they start spawning noticeably less and less. I imagine it is just a resource issue, as Tuna said, at least for me.

1 Like

To add to this, I have noticed that if I add like three or four MLOs at a time, it doesn’t seem to mess with scenario/gang/animal ped spawns. Once a folder has around 40 MLOs in it, I create another folder and start adding maps to it (I’m not sure if this actually does anything for scenario ped spawning but it does help for organization). I’m running around 120 MLOs right now and haven’t noticed any missing scenario peds because I’ve added MLOs in batches of three and four at a time. A bit tedious, but an interesting way to “trick” the game into letting scenario peds spawn. I can’t guarantee this works for everyone, but it seems to work for me.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

1 Like

I will comment on this discussion to keep it open cause I want to know as well

Certain MLOs and probably scripts can cause scenario peds to spawn less or not spawn at all. Clawes’ Vagos MLO messes with scenario spawns and I honestly don’t know why. Nothing that I can recall from its files should change scenario spawns. I do know that the full version of the Mile High Club MLO comes with a modified sp_manifest.ymt file, and that definitely changes how scenario peds are spawned. The best way to check if a MLO is causing changes to scenario spawns is to remove your MLOs from your server and add them back one at a time, checking with each one to see if scenario peds are still spawning. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback; I have found with your suggestions in the past, along for accounting for entity pools will ultimately determine if scenario peds will spawn. Once these pools are exceeded they will not spawn, and at extremes will be a citing reason for user’s game crashes.

2 Likes

You could use TayMackenzies scenario streamer and literally eliminate ones you don’t like and add new ped/vehicle/animal scenarios just follow his instructions.