Scaleforms

Thanks a lot.

Has anyone here tried to edit the GFX hud to add more image of add-on weapons ? (For wheelmenu)

Everythings possible

1 Like

I totally agree with you, the question that people should ask is ā€œhowā€ and not if it is possible.

I totally agree with you, the question will be how.

Not easy to undestand/ to tell how to do.
Stetps:

1. check/add hash in com.rockstargames.gtav.constants.WeaponsLUT
  2. goto SLOT_WEAPON_* add frame to load your sprite,it should be a dds in ytd or just add a vector image into this frame.Set framelabel to your weapon hash
  3. etcā€¦
    here an example : Fire Extinguisher Hud Icon - GTA5-Mods.com

No, haha, iā€™m not talking about that, iā€™m talking in general, As you said : Everythings is possible.
The question should be not if itā€™s possible, but how.

The Instructional Buttons link doesnā€™t work anymore

Anyone who knows a list of scaleforms? The link doesnā€™t workā€¦ https://scaleform.devtesting.pizza/

I think you might be happy with this one then.
https://vespura.com/fivem/scaleform/

4 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

old post, sorry but does anyone have an update link for this?

Here you go: instruction_buttons scaleform.lua Ā· GitHub

Just a couple of repos Iā€™ve kept in my list. Most the rest, Google.

Is it possible to change location to top right?

Quick overview how the CREWTAGS in some scaleforms work.
Sometimes the UNPACK_CREW_TAG function is used in scaleforms so here is how the string is made up:

The first character defines if the crew Tag is private or not (private means no triangle on the left of the white box) so if you want the triangle use a . as character if you want the box than use a (

The second character defines if the Rockstar symbol is shown or not.
So if you want the rockstar symbol use a * if not use a .

The third character defines the lenght of the colored bar at the bottom. The bar is only visible if the crew tag is set to private (first character set to ā€œ(ā€ ).
Possible values are 0 to 5 where 0 is the full bar and 5 is no bar.

Then the next 4 characters are the crew tag itself which will be truncated to 4 characters if it is longer.

After the crew tag add a # and an hex color code which will be used for the color of the bar.

Examples:

...CREW#FF0004
.*.CREW#FF0004
(.0CREW#FF0004
(.1CREW#FF0004
(.2CREW#FF0004
(.3CREW#FF0004
(.4CREW#FF0004
(.5CREW#FF0004
(*0CREW#FF0004
(*1CREW#FF0004
(*2CREW#FF0004
(*3CREW#FF0004
(*4CREW#FF0004
(*5CREW#FF0004
3 Likes

Good job!

1 Like

Question guys! Is it at all possible to rewrite / redesign the plane hudā€™s scaleforms at all?

Like when going into first person for a modded plane, I want to change how the altimeter display looks, or make the fuel gauge functional, or add a new dial. Is this at all possible?

it should be possible yeahā€¦ but HUD is a set of componentsā€¦ GameStreamā€¦ and other actionscript classes handle the hudā€¦ the plane hud iirc is only a set of ytds getting rotated handled by R* scriptsā€¦ nothing about scaleforms at all.

oh now i seeā€¦ in first personā€¦ you maybe are talking about the scaleforms used in the cockpitā€¦ not sure those are scaleforms still :thinking:

Do you know anything about where I can find those scripts! When I want to achieve something, I dive deep into the learning process. What do those files look like? What are the filetypes? Does it live in openIV?

Please senpai, more info!!!
(I also did a post for this here fyi: We have ā€œthe postā€ at homeā€¦)