[ScaleForm] Modifying in-game model huds possible?

I have a way to measure some aviation-based metrics. and would like to start leveraging them in scaleform.

Take for example, angle of attack (the difference in angle between the direction of motion and the angle the body is pointed).

There are some really cool dials I see online for measuring this (and videos, too!), and it has me curious:
How easy is it to apply a simple dial control (similar to the ones above) within the game?

Is it as simple as a few scaleform tutorials and some existing file modifications, or would I basically have to re-write / re-reverse engineer GTA V?

Would love to hear feedback.

An alternative question is:
Using scaleform, how can I make something like THIS modded plane interface dynamic?

I’d love to see some actual movement within the side dials / a navigable interface as well!
Please let me know if pipe-dream, or possible with today’s technology, LOL

-Thanks as always (I promise I’m going somewhere with all of these theoreticals!)

I don’t think its possible to edit those, as they are a part of the model, atleast i think so

Perhaps you can create something like a tv, like in this script [RELEASE] [PAID] [STANDALONE] Loaf - Operational TV's and just show your own stuff or smth, idk, good luck

1 Like

THIS ISN’T…

…wait a minute…

…yes…

…actually, this may just work…
Thanks for the outside the box idea @ossiedk!

here you talk about rendertargets… create a rendertarget… link it… and add a scaleform to it :slight_smile: the idea might work but it’s not gonna be “networked” each client needs its own

1 Like

Hmm - What do you mean by that? Do you mean there’s no server script implementation? I wouldn’t mind making it a client script so long as it’s actually implementable!

Also, I found this link so you guys’ guidance is ALREADY bearing fruit:[How To] Using render targets

i mean that it won’t be “created by one player for everyone” but every client will need to create its own rendertarget… and sync it… somehow. iirc rendertargets are not synced between players.

Hmm - Would I be able to make the display somehow use the reference of a player ID? (Display information for player x?)

You can’t… you create the render target and the scaleform and that’s it

Gotcha. Well I figure: Since we’re talking aircraft, other players won’t be close enough to see the screen anyways (with the exception of copilots) I figure anyone in the vehicle (including spectators), I’ll just render individually based off of player information. They’re all close enough to where the data doesn’t overlap (fingers crossed)