Running FiveM in a Hyper-V VM with full GPU performance for testing ("GPU Partitioning")

Hi,
@Nimoa
@nta
Im getting this error below when starting the VM. Used the settings above. I ran the commands twice, but that should not matter correct?
I also did steps 4 and 5 before starting the VM.
I have 8 cores and these are my specs:
image 8G of VRAM

Try disabling checkpoints in the VM settings.

3 Likes

Thank you, that appears to have worked :ok_hand:

1 Like

doh :yum: should have read the manual… thanks for the help anyway :slight_smile:
@nta

8. Disable enhanced session and checkpoints in Hyper-V

hello,this is my DaDiag.txt

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce MX250
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce MX250
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Render-Only Device
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1D13&SUBSYS_3F1917AA&REV_A1
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 10090 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1983 MB
       Shared Memory: 8107 MB
        Current Mode: Unknown
         HDR Support: Unknown
    Display Topology: Unknown
 Display Color Space: Unknown
     Color Primaries: Unknown
   Display Luminance: Unknown
         Driver Name: ...
 Driver File Version: 27.21.0014.5206 (English)
      Driver Version: 27.21.14.5206
         DDI Version: 12
      Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
        Driver Model: WDDM 2.7
 Hardware Scheduling: Supported:True Enabled:True 
 Graphics Preemption: Pixel
  Compute Preemption: Dispatch
            Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
      Detachable GPU: No
 Hybrid Graphics GPU: Discrete
      Power P-states: Not Supported
      Virtualization: Paravirtualization 
          Block List: No Blocks
  Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:True 
   Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 2020/8/12 8:00:00, 1038352 bytes

when i go to 9, the vm can not work,stuck in the boot screen.Is it a driver problem or a GPU problem?

I have it running, but is super slow, and barely responsive, followed the directons, and posted my specs just a few posts above. My machine should be able to handle it. @Nimoa @nta
Any ideas? Dont sweat it, if not :wink:

A quad-core CPU will struggle heavily with two games running at once, unless of course only the VM guest is slow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah the guest is slow, and not running 2 instances of FiveM. Thanks.
offtopic but related…
ah… found -cl2 that worked better. In the past I had 2 instances of fivem running, one on sandboxie, and it was smooth. with cl2, one runs really slow, the cl2 one.

i finish all the step except step 4.Why i can’t find the nv_dispi.inf_amd64_<UNIQUEID> folder.And i have not authorization to creat on your Vm folder in FileRepository.

Do you use a Nvidia GPU or AMD?

Nvidia GPU

That is fantastic job, is any possible to install linux in hyper-V with FPU performance?

dont work? image

don’t read?

it says in the guide to disable checkpoints

1 Like

The config on my MSI laptop: Host - Win10Pro, Guest - Win10Pro.

I’ve succeeded to use GPU in VM via GPU-P as described in this post. The folder name, though, in the post differs from the one on my laptop. I had to go to “Device Manager → NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 → Driver Details” on the host to find the correct folder name (see image below):

I copied the folder and other files to VM and though it seems to work (I can play games now), I noticed that the driver version shown on the VM is not the one that on the host. I think the one shown on VM is the same driver that gets installed by Windows 10 be default when Windows is installed.

Should I ignore the driver version number shown in VM? Why it doesn’t show the NVIDIA version Any ideas? @Nimoa @nta

1 Like

Yeah, VRD is a surrogate device used for proxying to the host.

I couldn’t find anything about the VRD. Do you have any source so I could read to get more information how this proxy works? @nta any ideas?

Also, did OpenCL work in your case?

How do I fix Code 43, the GPU shows up in the Device Manager but it refuses to start because of it.

Add-VMGpuPartitionAdapter -VMName $vm
Set-VMGpuPartitionAdapter -VMName $vm -MinPartitionVRAM 80000000 -MaxPartitionVRAM 100000000 -OptimalPartitionVRAM 100000000 -MinPartitionEncode 80000000 -MaxPartitionEncode 100000000 -OptimalPartitionEncode 100000000 -MinPartitionDecode 80000000 -MaxPartitionDecode 100000000 -OptimalPartitionDecode 100000000 -MinPartitionCompute 80000000 -MaxPartitionCompute 100000000 -OptimalPartitionCompute 100000000

Set-VM -GuestControlledCacheTypes $true -VMName $vm
Set-VM -LowMemoryMappedIoSpace 1Gb -VMName $vm
Set-VM –HighMemoryMappedIoSpace 32GB –VMName $vm

If anyone is wondering how to do this for AMD and getting stuck when finding the file:

Device Manager > Display Adapter > Properties > Driver Details

There will be DLLs in there and you’ll find some that all have the same beginning. Now you can look for that DLL name in the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ and then transfer it to your VM like OP says. You shouldn’t have to transfer the file he mentions.