Running FiveM in a Hyper-V VM with full GPU performance for testing ("GPU Partitioning")

Ok so im a little confused. What exactly does “while VM being turned off” mean? like how am I too run code when the VM is off?

I was able to get this working with my 2080 on my laptop, however, since ‘Enhanced Session’ need to be disabled it appears this truly only works why trying to run this VM as a server and not a client.

For reasons I need to run within a VM on my machine and was wondering if anyone has figure out a way to enable audio and bluetooth on the VM with this setup. It would be fantastic if it’s possible to pass through the audio and bluetooth the same way we are passing the GPU through. Thanks in advance for any help!

Im stuck here, any help?

@Bucci_Bucci are you running vm gen 2?

Hi everyone. I had this working fantastically well with an AMD card. No driver problems etc. Except… I couldn’t get OpenGL to play nice through it. Anything that invoked an OpenGL instruction would just crash. Tried different AMD drivers, nothing. Does anyone have the OpenGL + AMD + Hyper-V combo working? (i know… not really FiveM specific)

1 Like

For OpenGL, you could try building the Mesa D3D12 backend which should be meant for a fairly similar purpose.

Yea, It works now, but how do I install Nvidia driver? Seems to kinda be working, but Nvidia driver install says I dont have a nvidia card? How to fix it? image

2 Likes

@Bucci_Bucci do steps 5 and 6 on the original post. You don’t install the Nvidia drivers on the guest

thanks @nta . Do you know if OpenGL is supported/functioning at all with GPU-P? Or is it just a glitch with my setup :frowning:

It is not directly supported, no, but that’s why Microsoft bothered to fund the support for OpenGL wrapped on top of DX in Mesa.

1 Like

After running I get:

Hi, first of all I want say thank you for this nice guidelines.

I follow those steps and working perfect to create a VM with windows 10 and share GPU. But I want create a windows 7 and share ( or use ) GPU, but not working, windows 7 din’t recognize the drivers from system32 that I copied.

Is there any other way to made it working have a VM with W7 that share GPU ?

Does this also work with current RTX 3080 GPUs?

1 Like

My gpu is RTX 3060, in my VM the gpu is “Microsoft Virtual Render Drive”
How can I do?
pic1

1 Like

Interesting, will try this as opposed to the 5 fps second window lmao

Hey, I followed a similar tutorial and I encounter an issue when I play FiveM the only input that works is Direct input and the sensitivity is super high and adjusting my windows mouse settings and ingame settings doesn’t fix this issue wondering if you had the same issue and were able to fix this?

I’ve been using a Hyper-V VM created using this: GitHub - jamesstringerparsec/Easy-GPU-PV: A Project dedicated to making GPU Partitioning on Windows easier!

And FiveM runs perfectly fine for me

d-bubble or someone can u please help me with this i have hyper-v manager but first time ever using it

Hyper V Setup step by step Amd and Nvidia for those guys want to setup from 0

Cant see click on this link

hi does anyone now a fix