Running FiveM in a Hyper-V VM with full GPU performance for testing ("GPU Partitioning")

Thanks for the tips, it works fine :slight_smile:

How did you deal with the mouse issue ? Mine is erratic in game (not in menus)
Looks like the cursor try to recenter each frame at the middle

I did not succeed to capture the input exclusively in Hyper-V :confused:

5 Likes

It didn’t work for me, what version of NVIDIA drivers you use?

4 Likes

Hi, please define “don’t work” a bit much so we can figure out why it isn’t working properly for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Windows Server 2019, Latest NVIDIA Studio Drivers 451.77, VM just did not start (Not enough resources).

1 Like

Did the VM wasn’t starting since you created it in Hyper-V? Or only after following the guide?
Also “Not enough resources” is kinda self-explanatory :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe your VM is missing RAM :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Only after following guide, DDA (PCIE passthrough) working, but NVIDIA blocks it on drivers level (need to patch) and Hyper-V host is lose display adapter. So, GPU-P is more like for me, but it did not work.

2 Likes

I try it in amd GPU. it can run.
But when i instaill android emulator like nox player or bluestack, it can’t not install.
the nox player install crash, and the bluestack run until 99% and crash.
How to fix this problem?

2 Likes

I’m suspecting something along the lines of nested virtualization being disabled or unsupported for this scenario. Ideally one could just run Anbox in WSL2-enhanced Linux, but that might be a few ways off…

2 Likes

Hey!
I create New VM with clean drive, it strarts with windows setup, I cancel it and shut VM down. Then I apply the script from above but my VM refuses to start with the error 32788 returned by Hyper-V. After Remove-VMGpuPartitionAdapter -VMName $vm the VM starts normally
What do I do wrong? How to workaround?
I use Windows server 2019 GeForce GTX1060 for the host and GeForce GTX1080 Im trying to give to my guest VM. Btw I managed to passthu this 1080 via DDA and patched Nvidia driver with KVM patcher, but Im not satisfied with the perfomance.

1 Like

I can’t follow the tutorial steps because I never had contact with programming and I don’t even have the programs to help me with the tutorial

Hyper-V is in every Windows 10 Pro or so, you don’t need anything else to do it. Same for Powershell. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could this - in theory - be used to have two instances of FiveM on the same machine?
Two separate clients on different gta 5 accounts of course…
I want to experiment with client -> server and vice versa with multiple clients however I’m not sure of another way all by myself.

Absolutely, this is one out of many purpose for such a setup. :slight_smile:
That’s what I use to be able to test things with two clients.

why can u not use laptop or crome

2 Likes

Because geeks like us, like it the hard way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Way easier to test things on two clients using the same mouse/keyboard rather than jumping from one computer to another :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

but i don’t have a pc

Hi,
@Nimoa
@nta
Im getting this error below when starting the VM. Used the settings above. I ran the commands twice, but that should not matter correct?
I also did steps 4 and 5 before starting the VM.
I have 8 cores and these are my specs:
image 8G of VRAM

Try disabling checkpoints in the VM settings.

3 Likes

Thank you, that appears to have worked :ok_hand:

1 Like