ROS Launcher process failed

So my friends been attempting to play FiveReborn for a couple days now and he’s getting this error.
alt text

He’s tried all the fixes he could find (Run as admin, compatibility mode on FR/GTA5) but nothing. His game is a fresh install, so their is absolutely no mods or un-wanted files in his game.

1 Like

@LapizTJ this friend of yours, did he checked if any fivereborn processes are running in background before trying to launch it? This is a known problem, it should work after a few retries.

No there is no process’s open before i launch five reborn , about 6 open after i launch it also tired to start it 10 times today no joy.

@LapizTJ @Stuart554

Please provide a detailed report;

• GTA V version?
  • Up to date?
  • Legit or Pirate copy?
  • Steam/CD?
  • Error screenshot
  • GTA V folder screenshot
  • FiveReborn client folder screenshot
  • CitizinFX.log
  • .dmp files

Also add what you already tried so far.

My, GTA is the latest version and it ups date to and its also the same version, also i have no dont .bump

alt text

Cant post my log due it reaching the reply CHARACTERS so here it is in a paste-bin

Might try this;

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\ and delete the folder calling CitizenFX

Already tired that

What somehow fixed it for me was to create a folder in my GTA V root folder, and install FiveReborn from there.
I had it on a different drive entirely before, which presumably caused this error. Why? I couldn’t tell you.

So to clarify, I put FiveReborn.exe in “C:/Program Files/Grand Theft Auto V/fivereborn” and ran it from there, this error didn’t pop up afterwards.

Just tired your "fix " still no luck still the same error.

@Stuart554 Well that’s a shame. Sorry it didn’t work. Maybe try it with a clean install and then try my ‘fix’? (Although I think you’re sick of doing clean installs)
I do want to stress the importance of having a clean GTA V install because when I tried it with a figuratively ‘dirty’ install it didn’t work.

1 Like

Issues been fixed, he apparently didn’t have a game save because of the fresh install. After finishing the first SP mission it now works.

Lol now that I think about it I redid the introduction mission around that time as well due to my fresh install.
If that is indeed what caused this error then this error is terribly undescriptive. Glad its been resolved though, have fun!

@afterburn said in ROS Launcher process failed.:

Lol now that I think about it I redid the introduction mission around that time as well due to my fresh install.
If that is indeed what caused this error then this error is terribly undescriptive. Glad its been resolved though, have fun!

Can you imagine me solve the problem

1 Like

@LapizTJ Can you imagine me solve the problem

@PPING what are you saying?

@afterburn What is the solution to this problem

ROS Launcher process failed

Did you explain to me what is the solution

@afterburn Please explain to me the solution

@PPING I’m not sure it’ll work for you but first make sure you have a clean GTA V install.
Then make sure to play the introduction singleplayer mission because you apparantly need to have a save file.
After that quit GTA V and put FiveReborn.exe in “C:/Program Files/Grand Theft Auto V/fivereborn”
(so create a folder within the root GTA V folder), execute FiveReborn.exe from there.

Not sure why you needed me to repeat that because its right in this thread.

@afterburn do you have Skype or Facebook