Ride Animals (Deer, Cow and Boar (and SUPPORT for external horse mod added now))

Hey guys, back with another script.
This time the ability to (fairly realistic) ride wild animals (IF you can catch up to them).

UPDATED to version 1.1: See updates bellow original screenshots

You can ‘board’ the Deer’s, Cows and Boars by pressing the [E] key next to them.
After which you’ll have to KEEP TAPPING the indicated key to gain control over the animal.

My script is based on:

Although I have improved and expanded the initial script a lot to make it match and fit more into
our own RP server.

When you ‘exit’ the animal it will often try to flee again (except for cows which are MUCH less prone
to flee). Same goes for ‘re-boarding’ the animal: You will need to regain control again.

This is all on purpose to keep the effect and ‘realism’ of wild animals in there.

Improvements/Upgrades made:

• You CAN NOT spawn the animals with keybinds anymore (we did not needed
    nor wanted this on our ‘realism RP server’), so you will HAVE to approach the
    ‘real wild life’ animals yourself
  • You can now ride the Deer, (Wild Boar) and Cows!(YES COWS HAHAHA)
  • Added checks for if your animal has tripped/been hit by a car/killed etc,
    this will make the player fall off (ragdoll shortly)
  • If the PLAYER dies on top of the animal he/she will also fall off with ragdoll
  • Checks for if the animal is already dead when trying to ‘board it’
    • Same goes for when it’s getting up or falling at that moment.
  • Checks if the animal you’re trying to ‘board’ is not already occupied by
    another player
  • Set the player to unarmed when he/she boards the animal to prevent the peds of feds
    to ‘freak out’ when you (accidentally) press your aim key/button.
  • Different posses on the animal to match better with the game
  • The character does make some ‘idle movements’ so it doesn’t look like a
    ‘concrete block’ on top of the animal
  • You will need to gain control of the animal when you ‘board it’ by tapping the indicated
    key else you’ll fall off.
    The animal will FLEE AGAIN when you try to re-board it after you get off or fallen off
    (it still is a WILD animal!)
  • The player position is now actually ‘front facing’ which also makes it possible to ride the
    animals in First Person

Download here (Updated to Version 1.1)

Here some fun moments and screenshots :slight_smile:

Lost control (didn’t tapped fast enough):

Multiple players fun/touring on cows haha:

Riding a boar:

Highway to (cow) hell :stuck_out_tongue:

Riding a deer:

First Person Cow Riding hahaa:

Hope you all will enjoy the mod :slight_smile:

UPDATED In version 1.1:

• Now (BASIC) support for using controllers/gamepads
  • CPU load has improved during idle (not riding the animals) AND during riding:
    CpuPerformance
  • BASIC support for ‘external replacement mods’ has been added as suggestion by @Rhodiniium and on request of @Highauthority and @Tazio
    • THIS Deer to Horse mod is now supported:
      https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/horse-mod
    • You can change ONE simple line in your client.lua to tell the script you have installed
      this mod (and thus replaced your deer with it, and it will automatically set the correct name,
      and offsets for this (horse) mod. If you install the horse mod you can just set this line to true:
         IhaveReplacedMyDeerWithModNumber1 = false

Setting that line to true will enable ‘support’ for the mentioned deer to horse mod :slight_smile:

Example of the deer to horse replacement mod working with my script:

AGAIN: This horse is NOT included IN my mod, you would need to install it yourself, my update
just added support for the offsets and name of the animal :slight_smile:

NOTE ON EXTERNAL MODS AND INSTALLING THEM!
Please do note that I do NOT give ANY support, help or what ever for using other mods like
animal replacer (NOT EVEN THE HORSE MOD I’VE LISTED!). I just enabled support for it BY
the script for you to use and “make your life a bit easier” IF YOU have installed that mod.

If i would need to give support for all kinds of other (external) mods that I didn’t created I could
better open a helpdesk instead of making new content :stuck_out_tongue: I hope and guess you guys understand that.

IF you need support on replacing objects, peds, animals or vehicles in game please just use the forum
or contact the mod developer of the mod which it concerns :slight_smile:

Thanks to @Rhodiniium for linking me to the horse mod (which already proven to work in FiveM) which saved me lots of time (which i currently don’t have) and thus immediately could
update add support quickly without the need of researching good working models :slight_smile:

Greets VenomXNL,

36 Likes

U wot

3 Likes

i fucking like that idea

3 Likes

ummm

(20 characters)

2 Likes

Really cool, may add it to my 1k member server

This is awesome, Campbell

Thanks haha :slight_smile:

Im looking forward to it :slight_smile: this is on watched

2 Likes

Great release! added to BCDOJRP

2 Likes

We have a bug, you can ride people??

Haha yeah i know haha, I’m building a server to see how far i can go to add all possibilities which “would be possible” in real life (although not recommended in this case haha).

And one of our players said: “Well if i had the ‘unhealthy’ idea to ‘board a cow’ in real life, I COULD do it to, why not here?” So that’s how this script was ‘founded’ haha

:rofl: WHAT? haha, show me screenshot please haha and we’ll try to replicate it and solve it (currently we’re actively working on it, but this i HAVE to see and try! HAHA)

2 Likes

Hmm ok, so if you become a bull then other people can ride. I got told wrong xD best script ever tho

4 Likes

w8 your dutch :open_mouth: Mind blown

3 Likes

best script ever man! So many cool rps now.

3 Likes

Award for Best script in our server :1st_place_medal:

4 Likes

Ahh YES that is possible indeed, when you ARE an animal, others could mount you indeed haha, since it checks the model (NOT if it’s a player) haha (since on our server people ‘can’t be animals’ so didn’t took it into account haha.

And yup: Dutch haha

One bug though (which is “harder to solve”): When two people COUNT DOWN and EXACTLY at the same time try to board they will clip onto the animal together haha.

3 Likes

It would be amazing to have 2 people available to hop on a boar

Have worked with it for a little bit but canceled it since it would cause de-syncing and the need to use a server script, while now it’s only client sided without setting any objects/animals as mission entity’s (meaning the game will have no flaws in cleaning up the animals itself when they are no longer in use)

2 Likes

Ohh…

Our server is having a great time cus of the mod hahaha

2 Likes