ResourceEventScrambler [Toughen up against modders]

ResourceEventScrambler

forthebadge

forthebadge

forthebadge

What is it?

ResourceEventScrambler is a Java program that was made with ease of usability in mind. It is a tool
that can be used by FiveM servers to scramble their resources’ events. By scrambling the events, this
in turn makes it tougher for modders to come onto a server injecting pre-made lua menu scripts to
utilize on your server. Most modders for the most part do not actually know how to code themselves.
Many modders just use the executor and then insert a mod menu which is the ease of usability for them. Scrambling your resources will prevent most modders from doing any damage to your server, so it is a very smart way of deterring these malicious individuals.

How to use

All you need to do to use it, is place the .zip you download from
https://github.com/JaredScar/ResourceEventScrambler/releases (always use the latest release) into your fx-server-data folder (otherwise known as the directory/folder that holds your server.cfg). It is recommended you back up your resources folder before running this program (just to make sure). The program will make a backup by default of your resources folder, but who knows if it may miss something on accident. This is why I recommend backing it up yourself just in case.

1. Unzip the .zip into your fx-server-data folder (otherwise known as the directory/folder that
    holds your server.cfg file)
  2. Copy your resources folder and paste it to make a backup
  3. Run the resourceScramble.bat to start scrambling your resources
  4. You are done! Your resources should now be properly scrambled just like eggs, but just no taste…

How do I add resources?

After you have scrambled your resources, you can’t add new resources to the resources directory anymore.

You will need to add the resources to a backed up resources folder, then scramble this folder.
Repeat steps 2-4 again in this case.

Download

Source Code (Java):

Built (with .bat executable):

15 Likes

Such a good release!!
Thanks for sharing mate.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’m sure there is bound to be some issues as people use/test it, so as soon as they get reported, I look forward to fixing them up! This should help a lot of servers to stop modders though.

My next planned feature is to make it make a file with all the old events, then if someone triggers one of those events, it’ll kick them and log it. Basically, the program will make a lua resource with all the old events as triggers. I’ll probably start working on it today.

Dope! Is this based on the other one?

1 Like

NEW UPDATE

Now includes RES_Anticheat

You can now catch modders trying to trigger the old events and ban them automatically using RES_Anticheat.

Make sure you put the webhook URL in the server.lua of RES_Anticheat as well for logging to discord, pretty nifty! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the “other one” referring to? I saw another resource scrambler on the forums, but people reported it having problems, so I made this one. Plus, this one is easier to use considering it’s got a .bat executable file and can just be ran by double clicking it on every machine (I love Java universality lol)

2 Likes

great release yet again!!

Nice release. And even better now with that anticheat feature. I was going suggest that but i saw that you already made it. Keep it up Badger!

This comes with an anti-cheat? My server is on the top of list, so I deal with modders a lot. It’s frustrating due to the fact that we get a full city half of the time and have to restart the server which causes a loss in players.

Thanks sooo much!!!

Basically the events of resources get scrambled and this program adds all of the old based events to an events list, which then the RES_Anticheat tracks people triggering the old events. If an old event is triggered, then the player is banned. Only way the old events would be triggered is through a mod menu using the old events. That’s essentially how it works.

RES_Anticheat gives this error

SCRIPT ERROR: @RES_Anticheat/server.lua:40: attempt to call a nil value (global ‘ExtractIdentifiers’)

Working Great!
A Pre-Built .sh Would be nice for Linux users so that non-experienced Users can use your program to.

And the included “Anticheat” is fucked up. ‘ExtractIdentifiers’ is no native method by FiveM nor an included Function. u should fix that. Other than that, really useful!! <3

//Edit
I noticed some stuff in trew_hud_ui got changed where it said vehicleInfo[‘seatbelt’][‘status’] … its not event but rather an internal state in a list. Some bugfixing stil lto do :slight_smile:

Latest version on GitHub has the fixes for RES_Anticheat and should work fine

I can’t catch all issues. Some issues are brought upon by resources themselves. For instance, if a resource has "True" for one of their event names, then it’ll set everything “True” to the scrambled event name it has set. I added in another part of Regex to the code now and pushed it to GitHub, but it should stop lists getting renamed keys for the most part.

The issue persists unfortunately. Maybe someone needs to be clear. Does the RES_anticheat need to be in server resources when running the scrambler or in the same folder as then scrambler then moved after being run?

EDIT: Needs to be in the folder with the scrambler. Just doesn’t work though which is a shame. I’ve tried to look through to edit it but to no avail.

SCRIPT ERROR: @RES_Anticheat/server.lua:40: attempt to call a nil value (global ‘ExtractIdentifiers’)

It is the same error and prevents anyone from joining the server.

Where is the .bat file

There are two downloads.

The latest version has ExtractIdentifiers… Did you download it?..

Yup. Saw your update post and did it straight away.