Resource time warningg

Not fix shit for servers - stupid idea.

Fix it and submit a pull request to ‘ESX’. Someone already fixed esx_mecanojob, for example:

… and reported an issue:

So? Add an extra Wait.

… again, you don’t need to iterate everything at once or every frame. Often there’s also faster solutions.

No, it’s not. It’s ‘NORMAL’ for shoddily-coded resources, and is giving FiveM a bad name for ‘having FPS drops’. If you were to fix the resources showing these issues by e.g. adding yields, ‘NORMAL’ would be 120-150 FPS, not 50-60 FPS. Isn’t that a lot better?

4 Likes

120-150 is better, but many servers have 50-60 and 99% users dont see this. This message very cool for debugging, but show it for all - not cool, what is my message. Need create option for this in client, maybe on “Settings” screen, or enable it with developer mode.
If I make a mistake - the user should not know about it, this is one of the first development rules.

4 Likes

This is absurd that this can’t be disabled. While I would appreciate this as an OPTION for developing, I abhor that USERS on our server are losing their minds over it. Me & my friend do not have time to completely rework a critical resource to remove a message that was forced upon us.

I think this is a phenomenal idea. I’ve hand coded 90% of the scripts I’m using on my server. Being able to see the ones causing issue and needing optimization? That’s priceless.

I’m not against fixing scripts I have, even if I didn’t make them. However, a lot of server owners don’t have the knowledge to do this. Or, for instance, in the case of vMenu, it’s not .lua. I can’t just go in and troubleshoot to find the issue. So my users are stuck staring at this message. Anything using warmenu is just going to be really bad and I don’t think I should have to be forced to turn on scripthook while I wait for the creator of vMenu to fix his script.

I get why this was put in and I don’t care that I see it as an admin. However, why should my users need to see something they can not do anything about. This should have been at least set for only server admins listed in the server.cfg to see.

1 Like

No, Thats not the case, Everything was working fine until today. And if it is “causing a problem” then let it.

1 Like

So you’d willingly sacrifice the framerate of the players? Aight then.

All of this right here is why this change is absurd. The fact that so many people are just ASSUMING that everyone can code Lua is even more absurd. Not everyone is a programmer or a script kiddie. “Fix it” is just not a proper solution to this. I’m fortunate to be able to attempt fixing the resource causing our issues. Can the Collective guarantee that EVERYONE is able to attempt fixing? If not, this should be an optional warning.

The commit for it is even under the “devtools” section of the client. The vast majority of users are not developers; why is the Collecting trying to embark on a public shaming campaign against server admins who, likely most of the time, have NOTHING to do with the scripts in question besides installing them? It’s not the server admin’s responsibility to fix a script if it’s broken. What good does this do besides annoying the hell out of server admins, server users, and forum admins?

Jesus christ… This topic should be locked already

Here’s the view from the player side.
I am a player on a really good RP server. I have a slightly aging out gaming laptop, so I know im gonna get lag from time to time.
Since I cant fix the thing, those debug messages are USELESS to me. I honestly don’t care that script is a little slow.
I want to be able to go, yes, i accept this script is causing a problem, thank you now GO AWAY.

People who give a damn, they can keep it, but those are edge cases. Not everyone needs this shit.

Nobody is public shaming anybody, though?

That’s their own fault. Their lack of planning is not an emergency on FiveM’s part.

Because a grand majority of every person having a problem with these terrible scripts assumes automatically it is FiveM’s fault. It is not. It is the scripts being used by “admins” copy-pasting things they don’t know anything about.

If I have a car and I put water where the oil should go, am I going to blame the car manufacturer for not allowing it to run with water, or am I going to be the one who ruined my car’s engine? Second, I’m certainly not going to drive that car if I don’t even know how.

Anyway, the feature is still being worked on. Today is the first day. Things will change. Give it a little time. If you are looking for answers as to why this was done, look through this topic or the few others floating around.

4 Likes