Resource time warning- Total Script tick problem

:sunglasses: Wouldn’t it be more convenient for users if they make the warning sign visible only when resmon_1 is open? Just as FiveM is becoming more popular with the public, the FiveM developers put up a poster that scares them. I think the cfx.re team is too conservative.

The FiveM developers imposed a new millisecond delay limit for the total number of scripts executed on a server based on criteria they consider “correct”.

without consulting the community and without even creating a switchable visual system, meaning that the sign can`t be turned on and off.

1 Like

Well, I’d start here.

lmao, this needs to be changed back asap, what a dreadful update.

2 Likes

In my opinion, it is very necessary to do script optimization, but what nobody noticed is that after updating, some scripts increased consumption from 0.03 to much higher, 90% of my scripts are below 0.02 but some it is impossible to decrease more like anticheat because unfortunately fivem doesn’t have a launcher with it. And even so the message keeps flashing for many people, Something besides the warning was done, because some already optimized scripts simply increased. Thus, the immersion of the players is not viable.

6 Likes

Tell them the truth, that fivem set a certain standard of performance that if it should fall below you will receive a warning message.

3 Likes

Thank you for providing such helpful and impactful feedback. It has been tossed into the circular bin for filing.

2 Likes

You see, I completely and utterly agree with you, Like I understand it may be frustrating for you as the developers and moderators that people come here and complain about the issues that occur, But if they ignore what you’re saying that’s on them, I understand this new system is built to stop people coming here and stating that by putting “Contact the server owner to help fix the issue” But at the end of the day we are here literally to help build and grow your platform for the fun of the people that play on your platform, The complexity of this isn’t hard to fix, In fact by putting it out their by stating, “Servers or cities will need to do this or that” Right now a majority of roleplay servers use ESX, ESX Framework really isn’t the most optimised framework going (And that’s why I’m in the middle of doing my own) But it breaks the issue where a majority of servers have the issue, Now what I will say of course we can all come and optimise this and that cause it isn’t that hard, But at the end of the day their needs to be something owners can do to disable this, So people can play without problems, Example, ES_extended alone uses upto 2.0 - 3.0 MS on high pop servers and optimising that is a pain in the back side, this is why I’m asking.

2 Likes

What…? Your comment makes no sense.

1 Like

I was replying to this…

2 Likes

We do that… they don’t listen - now what do we do?

The thing is, people can play without problems. The little message box isn’t affecting their game play… That being said, it isn’t that hard to take a few hours to go through your resmon and identify problem resources, make a list of them starting with the worst then begin optimizing. If you need help determining the best method of doing so, you’re more then welcome to visit on of the various scripting languages in the Discord and ask for help. This was put together by a community member and should be helpful.

1 Like

Okay, so we’ve told them this numerous times over the last 6 months in various fashions and they fail to listen… what’s next?

1 Like

The problem isn’t how to optimise as honestly I know how to, It’s just the time for me mate, Situated on a server with 225-250 scripts it’s time consuming, The situation is, Their should 100% be something that situates a player option or a server owner option to turn off this message, Because a lot of your community come here to Roleplay to create a story and to create emersion for their followers, or even for them selfs, this box is massive, and really annoying to work with, Especially with thousands of people watching

2 Likes

Their isn’t nothing next, you’ve told them, That’s it, and that’s that, If they fail to listen that’s on them…

2 Likes

Its not easy, I was part of Striikez101 community as Admin and can vouch for the way his players complain. Try to assure them there may be a fix and hope fivem moves forward to rectify this.

2 Likes

I also guarantee, you’ll still receive the EXACT same complaints because the people that aren’t listening are the people that don’t understand basic english…

2 Likes

Why not add into the F8 menu that was added recently a way to hide it then. I get the use of the warning but I really think a way to hide it would be nice.

Default it to on for all I care but a way to hide it so server owners can tell their players they are aware of it and to hide it while they work on fixing things.

3 Likes

Alright guys, thanks to everyone who has stayed polite and has been providing useful feedback. We’re going to review everything but for now I’m going to close this topic. It’s starting to get heated in here, so let’s avoid any unnecessary battled. Thanks for understanding :slight_smile:

7 Likes

And then ‘server owners’ will tell their players ‘yeah, just hide it, fivem sucks, it’s on them to fix it forever’, and we’re back to zero.

3 Likes

If every server was using the same moderation tools, it would be likely easier to do this…

It’s likely this is here to stay…

Then people would turn it off, come to the Discord, complain, blame FiveM and piss and moan… Also, resmon is your F8 toggle :slight_smile:

1 Like