Resource Ideas

Hello to everyone,
Our team is looking for new resource ideas to bring to life.

We are creating this topic not only for us , but for any developer in the community that is looking to build something new and unique.

We would like everyone to pitch an idea that he would like to see on the game , either as player or as an owner.

Ideas can be , maps , assistant scripts for admin or owners , script , clothes , cars , anything

Hey. I got one for you. A fictional stock market.

I’ve personally begun this project, but I didn’t realize how much time it requires, so I put it on a shelf.
However, I still believe it would be an interesting and beneficial script for roleplay servers.

This is my vision for the project;

• Information and interactive objects are accessible to the player through a UI.
    • Values are updated automatically in the UI.
  • Stock backend;
    • Price slightly goes up and down randomly.
    • Random surges occur for every stock and last X amount of time.
    • Player purchases- and sells affect the stock value based on percentage.
      • Could perhaps randomly trigger a surge?
  • Buying and selling stocks can only happen between certain times.
    • Players can place a buy or sell order at any time.
      • Orders are executed automatically when the desired value of the stock is reached during opening hours. Orders should expire after X time.

I’ve most likely forgotten a bunch of features so this is just a rough idea.

A “version 2” of this script was to involve player-owned businesses, basically involving roleplay even further. However, I realized this would be way too custom for most servers as I’d have to tap into job society funds and buying/selling scripts that server owners use, which differ from server to server. It’d be too large of a project, making it accessible for most if going with “version 2” since my idea was to release it for free.

There are some stock market scripts out there, but they either use real-world stocks (which takes away influence) or they are too simple.

If you guys could make a script like this, I think it’d be great for the community.
Either way, this is just a suggestion. I wish you luck in your hunt for new projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well…

For starters, everyone seems to make things for a framework or a ridiculous library when it can be achieved standalone and with KVP, I personally think more people need to stop catering to cringe RP nonsense frameworks and make something standalone that also supports frameworks, rather than trying to reverse engineer something to make it work standalone, which is counterproductive.