[RESOLVED] Looking to open up a server of my own, got a simple question

16-32 GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3s 1st generation at 3.4-3.8ghz and 1TB-2TB HDD or 160-240GB SSD is overkill for a FiveM server, would rather go and get a server that is built to handle FiveM, not FLEX.

plus why pay for teamspeak when you can host it from the box?

Yes, FiveM is not really cpu, gpu or ram intensive, it just needs to get messages across quickly.

I think $15-$25 is the sweet point unless it’s a bigger community.

I got a really good deal from a friend for $0.10/slot, so I just got a domain and a fivem server, instead of a VPS to do all at once, was cheaper.

makes sense i guess but i think nfo servers all pretty much have the same speed of internet just different bandwidth

I haven’t looked into internet specs, but I would rather get a server built to specifically run FiveM, pretty sure www.nfoservers.com arent even authorized.

(Disclaimer: I have not dug in the ToS of FiveM, but I have seen questions and websites get shut down because they have not been authorized, it might only apply to dedicated FiveM servers, instead of a VPS service, but like I said, I have not dug in.)

i think it only applys to game servers

If ya’ll can get away w/ $25 a month, go you. Our total is approx $120 for everything and we have no problem paying that nor do we have any server/ts/website issues (ever). Any VPS/VDS is “authorized”, the pre-config’s are not (and from what I’ve read the one authorized pre-config is garbage). But to each their own. Obviously we all come from different financial situations and have different opinions on whats necessary, I was simply sharing mine.

If you’re paying that much for a vps/ts/website, you are overpaying a horrible amount.

Just did some digging, the only authorized “pre-confing” -as you call it- (basically a renter server) is ZAP-hosting, which is a company ran by an actual FiveM community contributor and member. Having the whole FiveM community (including certified moderators that know what they’re doing) and zap hosting on your side for any questions you might have is better than overpaying for a “good” server “with no problems”.

If I am paying $120/month for a server it goddamn right not have ANY problems WHATSOEVER. But why pay that amount when there are cheaper solutions?

i have noticed if you talk about zap being owned by the people at fivem then the thread gets unlisted and closedxD

i agree kinda just sounds like a waste of money at that point

oh oops, I had no idea about that.
The conversation needed to end anyways xD

Wait, but I didn’t say it’s ran by the guys from FiveM, I said the owner is just a conrtibutor and member, not working for the FiveM “company” (as far as I know atleast)

idk i have seen 2 threads just where the conversation was talking about that type of stuff and they both got locked and unlisted cause its a “conspirscy”

Ah, well, my question is resolved anyways, a moderator/admin can close it down no problem if he feels like it.
But that is helpful information for later on, so I stay out of trouble.