GTA V version?
Up to date?
As far as i know, its the latest Steam version
Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam
Windows version?
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes
Error screenshot (if any)

System specifications
16GB ddr3 ram
Intel I7-3770k @ 4.2GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
What did you do to get this issue?
Install reshade.
What server did you get this issue on?
Main menu, cannot connect to a server.
CitizenFX.log file
With reshade: https://pastebin.com/5aSwGXqj
Without reshade: https://pastebin.com/jPt14eBh
.dmp files/report IDs
N/A

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

NOTE: patchday19ng is also there, but ran out of screen space to show it.
Filepath to FiveM folder
C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes, stupid thing deleted fivem at one point because of a false positive, so have it set to ignore anyhing to do with fivem, no issues since then.

Also add what you already tried so far.
Moving the Reshade dll file to other places, and renaming it(as that has helped with other games in the past)

I can get the main menu to work again if i disable the dll file(rename it to dxgi.dll.old for instance) but then i no longer have reshade running, which is what i am trying to do.

bear in mind i am just trying to find out why reshade has stopped working, it was working flawlessly until the latest client update was released, at which point i no longer had reshade working, then i tried moving the files, and i can get reshade to load, but it then causes the main menu to stop loading as well, meaning i can no longer connect to servers or play the game.

for refference, this is how my main menu looks without reshade: http://prntscr.com/llpr83
And this is with reshade: http://prntscr.com/llprsf

my assumption is that reshade somehow stops the loading process for the UI, as i see the same green screen for half a second when i start the game without reshade. however i have nothing conclusive just yet.(mainly due to little time to investigate, and little knowledge on how to actually debug it properly)

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

as of now reshade is broken, there is another topic already made for this issue.

Thanks for the rapid response. my only issue with that statement is that even older versions of reshade no longer work, which means its not reshade who made the problem occur. hence why i am giving as much info as i possibly can to try and figure out why this has happened.

can see now that i forgot to add to the things i have tried, that i have older versions of reshade for certain games(due to weird stuff happening on newer versions) and they too fail to load, or cause a blank main menu.

oddly enough the only thing that seems to work is the close button, even though its not loaded. i can still click in the general area and close the game.

It is indeed because of an update however reshade isn’t made by fivem so reshade needs to possibly update there mod to correspond with the changes.

Here is a reply from an element a few days ago.

i see. then i will try contacting the guys at reshade as well. who knows maybe if we all ask nicely, we can get them to include reshade into fivem? i mean the advantages are obvious(if you use reshade a lot at least) and the dissadvantages can be controlled if its implemented the right way(see things through walls can be dealt with by removing certain shaders and other such tricks)

anyhow, thanks for the rapid response.

also thanks for the link. to the reply from an element

No problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.