[Request/Idea] Unique Zombie Gamemode

Hello all, I had a cool idea (at least to me) to have an awesome and completely unique zombie gamemode that is different than all the others. Basically it will be your typical zombie survival game but with a few extra credits of awesomeness. I will provide a list of all the features below, as well as going in-depth of what they should do.

Now I know this may seem like a lot to ask for, but if the community is willing to contribute to this and make it come true, players and many others would greatly appreciate this and probably become one of the most popular game modes out there.

For now, this is all that I could think of at the moment but if you have any other ideas please do share them below and I will include them into the list. I do hope someone will take up the opportunity to develop this. Thank you to the community :heart:

UPDATE: @xander1998 has notified me of a game mode similar to this that he is working on, but this can still be taken into consideration as both would be a great variety to the community. As they say, different minds, different ideas.

Features

• A unique economy system, not cash based but based off of items and food such as tiered vehicles with fully mounted weapons, high-end weapons, low-end weapons, MREs, canned food and so on. A market system based off of MenuAPI by Vespura. (Or if someone is willing to above and beyond, a NUI system would be nice to have)
  • Traders/NPCs, based around the map located in defensive safezones similar to the Motel in Los Santos or the N.O.O.S.E. building, offering quests and unique items for rewards. (Configurable as well, meaning able to add NPCs wherever the owner chooses)
  • New vehicle customization locations, basically vehicles spawn around the world and are specific ones that came with the Arena War DLC so people can modify them to look Apocalypse like giving it the unique feeling of taking a run-down vehicle into something badass. (Also allowing the support of custom vehicle mods, aka vehicle addons that offer customization support)
  • Groups and clans, so whenever a person meets another person in-game but neither seem hostile to each other they can establish a clan/squad among each other and recruit more people in. When people are in a squad, a new blip on the map appears in color of your members and also clan/squad customization meaning custom names, choose what blip can appear on the map for your clan members and so on.
  • Inventory based system w/weight, whenever I see an inventory resource/release I always think it is not quite right for those who are role playing a realistic or survival based server simply because it lacks a weight system. A inventory system for this zombie game mode is basically crucial in the role part of survival and a weight system included as well would be really neat as it forces the player to limit what they can carry and how they carry stuff.
  • Hunger/Thirst/Fatigue system, survival doesn’t mean not eating and going on without food forever so basically a hunger and thirst system is essential in this game mode, but not just that a fatigue system as well that goes along with this. If the player is to go on without eating fatigue starts to build up and the more it does the harder and worse of risk to surviving you get.
  • Companions, or friends of the wild as well but basically a system where you can tame animals or find lost dogs and use them against the apocalypse as well as a hunger/thirst system fro them as well, meaning food such as meat or canned dog food is needed to feed them.
  • Item pickups and weapons, similar to the normal weapon pickups they are not going to be just right out in the roads but rather in unique locations like a warehouse or a shed or some hillbillies trailer. Food can be found in trash cans, dumpsters, dead zombies, or even by harvesting animals? Eh em…
  • Cures and diseases, usually being bit by a zombie means your GAME OVER so what if a bite thing was implemented into the game meaning when your bit you are going to die and when you do you can go back to where you were and see yourself walking around as a zombie. But if you really don’t want to die, a disease cure is a possibility, maybe from a lab or something.

Should This Become a Resource/Gamemode In Development?

Please read the features and post I have made before voting, as it may change your mind on how you see this as.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

I am working on something similar to this.

2 Likes

Oh my, I’d love to see this. Do you by chance have a Discord? :open_mouth:

It is on my forum profile.

1 Like

Alright awesome

Are you aware of rottenv?

I’ve been aware of RottenV but it lacks the survival aspect. It’s more of a run and gun shoot down zombies and get better stuff type of thing and that’s not at all what I’ve mentioned in this post. If you’ve read the post you would have seen a difference from RottenV compared to my post. Also the fact that RottenV isn’t up to date makes it worse since it could have potential.

Awesome gamemode, its different than RottenV :smiley:

1 Like

Hm?

I’m sorry was there suppose to be an update? The last update for it was nearly a year ago,

the repositories are split as it was too much to maintain the “public” version alongside the private one, if there are actually people that want it i may update it soon.

the server itself is still going strong and is still in active development

in any case, the code still works fine from what i can see.

1 Like

Well I was specifically talking about a resource, I would rather have a resource thats up-to-date and well made and has a good design. I would prefer to be able to play this alone with friends on a private server than a public one where it’s well known. In any case, my post is different to RottenV so you can’t compare the two.

but they really are the same gamemode… most of the features you posted are in rottenv… apart from 1 or 2…

Eh, not really honestly. I mean if you want to argue about this lets take it to the Discord. Otherwise, please stop posting on here and bumping this up to the to, there is no need to move others post about an argument.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Is it released now or is it still getting worked on? Coz I’m looking exactly for something like this

How can I increase zoombies …Is not that much zoombies and how to make them hit me all once they only attack one by one

end of days or zsr if the best zombie survival ones ive found