Replacing the prop and stream on the server

I did a texture replacement on the model “p_amb_clipboard_01” . If you replace the prop in solo - the model is replaced. If I stream it to a file server, the model doesn’t change. What to do? Maybe I’m streaming prop wrong?

Original:

My replace:

Animation with original:

Animation with my replace how new prop:

1 Like

What am I doing wrong? How do I properly stream a prop so that it can replace the original prop or become a separate prop?

Animation works via dpemotes.
Code:

1 Like

Hey there! Awesome find on the animation.

First of all I want to apologize that your question hasn’t been answered sooner, however I am here to hopefully help you not just figure this out but figure it out for other props too! :yum:

Right then, let’s get started!

Addon Props For DpEmotes:

To stream props as addon rather than replace them, here’s what we need to do!

• First of all, we need to create a stream folder for dpemotes. Inside that stream folder, let’s create another folder called ‘warrant’

• Now, in codewalker, we need to create a new ytyp, you can do this using the latest version from their disscorrd.

Create a new ytyp then there’s an option to “add archetype from ydr”. Use that option and add your ydr, in this case, p_amb_clipboard_02.ydr.

• Generate a manifest, save, and place these files inside the ‘warrant’ folder

• Open DpEmotes fxmanifest.lua and add the following:

data_file "DLC_ITYP_REQUEST" "warrant.ytyp"

obviously, replace where I have put ‘warrant’ with whatever you have named it, however it is probably easier to just call it ‘warrant.ytyp’.

This should work, and you should now have two clipboards, each with different textures.

If you find props online you want to add to dpemotes and do animations with, you can use the same technique. You don’t need to add the prop to any ymap or existing MLO in codewalker, you can just do what I explained and everything should be fine.

This is how I was able to add addon police badges to my fork of dpemotes :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is a police badge I found on the lspdfr website that I added to my fork of dpemotes

Thank you for such a detailed explanation. I hope that in the future I will have less problems :blush:

1 Like

No problem!

And… it’s working!

Glad I could help mate! If you ever want to add more props, you can actually add them all to the one ytyp, rename the ytyp, and rename the thing in fxmanifest.lua

I have updated my tutorial to have this section of how to stream and add custom / add-on props to dpemotes. However, this works for MLOs too!

Hi! Can you tell me where you got this animation?

Hi! I made it my self

Very cool-looking. I take it she’s private, right?

This is my first animation. Give me time to find it and download it. It may be crooked. In general, I do not mind putting it in the public domain)

All right, I’ll be waiting! Thank you.

Here is a link to the file. There is also a link to RPemotes from @anon70864786

1 Like

Thank you, everything works