Remove chat messages

Hi, I am making a script which will use the removal of someone’s chat message. How would I go about it? Currently, the only way I know to remove messages in chat would be to just restart the chat resources but this isn’t a feasible solution.

Look at the chat resources GitHub there’s a couple things there. Or I could do a script for ya??

I want to learn, thats the point of this. Its a simple script I’m trying to create.

Where do I find the github?

the citizenFX GitHub has it. let me find and link it.

https://github.com/citizenfx/cfx-server-data/blob/master/resources/[system]/chat/sv_chat.lua

Line 7 : RegisterServerEvent('chat:clear')

this could be what your looking for?

I saw that. Wouldn’t that clear the whole chat rather than one from a specified sender? Heres what I’m trying to do:
I want to make a chat-filter type thing. I Have a .txt or lua file where users can input words they deem “inapropriate” and if someone sends such message, it will remove it and execute a specefied action eg: kick or ban them.

~~ I really want to try to figure this out, please don’t just hand it to me. Thanks!

1 Like

Anyone see any other feasible solutions? At this point I’m thinking of rewriting the chat script so before it posts the message it checks the database.

You can cancel a chatMessage event using CancelEvent, which will stop the message from being routed to other players.

1 Like

Doesn’t work all the time because the PR for the chat resource isn’t implemented yet iirc.

You want to help me? Make a “Chat Clear” command script where it clears chat