[Release] vSyncR, a better and updated version of vSync (Weather/Time)

Hello :otter:, this is “my” new first script, hope u enjoy it !

Name: vSyncR
Version: 1.0.1
GitHub: https://github.com/KalinkaGit/vSyncR

v1.0.1 Update

• Added portuguese translation made by raphapt. Thanks to him!

vSyncR

vSyncR (vSyncRevamped) is an improved and updated version with new features of vSync originally created by Vespura.
vSyncR allows you to control and synchronize weather and time without any prerequisite.

Translation Credits

Portuguese: raphapt

New Features

• Configuration file (config.lua) that allows a simpler and more detailed configuration of the script.
  • You can now allow commands to the authorized groups or to the players with their identifier.
  • vSyncR is completely translated in english and french ! (You can send me new translation by pull request)
  • Script updated to last FX version.

Much more in the future…

Original Features

• Dynamic changing weather every 10 minutes (can be now changed in configuration file with vSyncR. can be (temporarily or permanently) disabled. The weather will only change according to realistic patterns.).
  • Blackout. Enable/disable this in the config or using /blackout ingame.
  • Weather and Time synced across all players.
  • Custom permissions for the commands.

Commands

/weather <type> Change the weather type (will fade to the new weather type within 15 seconds).
/freezeweather Enable/disable dynamic weather changes.
/time <h> <m> Set the time.
/freezetime Freeze/unfreeze time.
/morning Set the time to morning.
/noon Set the time to noon.
/evening Set the time to evening.
/night Set the time to night.
/blackout Enable/disable blackout mode.

Installation

• DOWNLOAD HERE
  • Put folder vSyncR in the server-data directory
  • Configure vSyncR in config.lua
  • Add this to your server.cfg:
start vSyncR
7 Likes

Doesn’t seem much different. This could have easily been made into a PR. Maybe show the difference in code?

2 Likes

All code for weather and time commands is same, but I add some functionalities write in the main post and upgraded to last FX version. I didn’t use pull request because original project is discontinued. Also in the futures updates I will optimise the code.

2 Likes

Did you fix the cloud moves like shit issue ?

3 Likes

Workin on !

:otter:

I’m currently using vSync on my server, and I was contemplating removing it due to the fact it rains constantly, have you altered the weather patterns at all?

Hello Mr_D,

In the config.lua you can change the time between two weather with this var: Config.NewWeatherTimer
You can also remove the rain in the Config.AvailableWeatherTypes var.
If you want you can modify the script to add a percentage system (i’m working on this feature actually).

-Your favorite :otter:

Thank you, I appreciate the response, I will be trying this script and will post my feedback here :slight_smile:

Hello, how can I turn off time synchronization and let all players have permission to customize the time and weather? Because I have a drift server. Sorry, my English is not very good

doesnt work with vmenu the lights keep flickering even when i set to false sync time and weather for vmenu. ordo i need to do something else?

You will have to disable the time aoptions completly in vmenu to this to work, I believe someone already posted this.

Yes I disabled time sync and weather sync. I had seen it in the comments. Still didn’t work @John_Reynolds

1 Like

Ah I completly glazed over that part, can you post what scripts your running in your config, usually there is some other script that interferes.

the olnly script interfering is vmenu xD i dont have scripts of weather. i tried vsyncr and simple sync. even had this code and it doesnt work

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    while true do
        Citizen.Wait(0)
        SetArtificialLightsState(true)
    end
end)

There is one error i found. Clouds movement are not natural, are really terrible, like a 98’ nintendo game…

1 Like

Yeah, vMenu doesn’t like vSyncR or vSync, I have disabled the use of vMenu’s Weather and Time sync and it still flickers.

1 Like

Nevermind, When changing vMenu things make sure you clear your server cache then it will update and fix.

1 Like

Is there a way to keep the weather on sunny ? Or just remove rain ?

i dont see any event or function that can be used to disable the weather and time sync temporarly client side . for exemple disabling the sync for a single player .

please let me know if there is a way to disable the weather sync clinet side as im willing to use it with my property script .

Any idea why the sky comes “green” for a few clients when there’s rain or not activated ?