[RELEASE] Stinger Strips

Your Welcome.

(20 chars)

I would like to let EVERYONE know I have recreated the issue with the spike strips not deleting.

This issue occurs when other players touch the spikes for some reason. I am looking into it now to see about getting a fix for it.

2 Likes

UPDATE: I HAVE FIXED THE DELETING ISSUE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THE SPIKESTRIPS BEFORE (JAN, 9, 2018) PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE SPIKESTRIPS AGAIN AND INSTALL THE NEW VERSION TO YOUR SERVERS.

Thank you for reporting this issue and for giving me the time to fix it.

Thank You http://www.lcpdfr.com/profile/172276-officer-goetz/ for your awesome truck in this picture and for testing.

Thank you Warxander for helping me fix the deleting function.

2 Likes

So I just installed the newest version but after a player drove through it, I cant delete it anymore. It kinda moves a little but still destroys tires, which makes it kinda useless on any public street.

Give me one moment. I may have forgot to push the update it was working on my server last nightā€¦ Let me check.

These things take time to make perfect as object are hard to manipulate on a multiplayer platform. It has issues but I am working on them trust meā€¦

Also its pretty hard to find testers for me to try this with others as all my friends work n stuff. I will try to see what the issue is now.

I will help you test anything. I am disabled and here all the time.

I just donā€™t understand why they are all of a sudden broken. They were working yesterday.

How could I get in contact with you. I could use another tester.

Yeah not a problem, just wanted to notify you.

I just tested them on my server and they worked fine. You would have to show me how you got that issue as I couldnā€™t recreate it.

I will pm you with the details

1 Like

To bad it dosnā€™t pop AI car tires. But other then that I love it!

1 Like

It was built to not pop AI tires cause I figured people would complain about it. Sorry. Thanks for commenting though. It really shows people like my work and keeps me moving forward.

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s understandable. And yeah no problem man and oh yeah glad to help.

Might wanna make the AI tire popping an option

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for the amazing script. The spikes seem to work great until my character dies (and leaves spikes on the ground) and then I can no longer delete. I can continue to spawn in new spikes but not delete any of them.

Thank you for the report i will fix the issue soon.

UPDATE

Added keybind to remove spikestrips for faster removal (Also a notification is displayed on the screen for the keys).

When you die and spikestrips are deployed they instantly get removed to prevent spikestrips being stuck on the ground.

3 Likes

Thank you for update! I will test on my server tonight and let you know if I encounter anymore issues. Thanks again!

1 Like

I have found that when you get too far away from the spikestrips while they are spawned they decide they donā€™t wanna delete. Not sure how I am gonna accomplish fixing that but time will tell. Would say just stay near your spikes when they are spawned.