[Release][Standalone] Voice Marker

[Release] rrp_VoiceMarker

Features

This script is in no way special or fully custom, It is merely a simple marker when players are speaking, with a config for ease of use for anyone who wants/needs something of this nature. The original idea came from FamilyRP Style Voice, and was redone slightly with some modification to add a basic Config File and Marker of choice (You can set location of the marker in the config)

Adds a marker above players heads while they are talking. (Default style is Sims Style icon above player head)

(Just adds a little when you have a large group and need to know who’s speaking.)

Has a full config file to adjust the marker type, size, location, optional bouncing, and if you want it to always face the camera when you look around (With instructions).

INFO: You CAN set the marker height to a NEGATIVE number to bring it lower like FamilyRP-Style-Voice with their circle on the players feet.

This is basically plug and play… Load script into your resources folder, “ensure rrp_VoiceMarker” Adjust the config to your liking, and enjoy!

Read the GitHub README for more information

Discord

Removed Discord Links before moderators deleted the thread.

Download

GitHub

Demo(s)

Update Plans/Ideas

• :white_check_mark: Create a standalone version.
  • :white_check_mark: Create a Config file.
  • :white_check_mark: Add option to change marker in config
  • :white_check_mark: Add option for marker size in config.
  • :white_check_mark: Add option to change height of marker in config.
  • :white_check_mark: Disabled marker when players are not speaking.
  • :white_check_mark: Make one-sync compatible
  • (If you have any suggestions, Please post them here and we can work on adding them in the future)

Bugs

• If player talking is running around, sometimes if marker is too low, it pokes through players head (Just raise the height in config to fix)
  • We’re always looking for new ideas, This was just a request from @Jxnes that I threw together last night.

Credits

Author: BTNGaming @BTNGaming
Requested by: Jxnes @Jxnes
Original Concept: FamilyRP-Style-Voice - Idea came from this, without marker under player (But you can add this still)

Release History

• Initial Release
    • Fixed marker becoming infinitely tall
    • Config system created.
    • 100% client-sided (No server-side files)
    • Tested with Mumble-Voip & TokoVoip.
    • One-Sync compatible.

Dependencies

Standalone

8 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Well done mate <3

Would be cool to have an on/off command.
/togglemarker for example
Players could choose to have this feature on or off
2 ways:

• The information would be saved in a database
    Or
  • The player would always have to toggle this feature via the command

Personally I like this feature and it does help to understand who is speaking at the moment in a crowded area, however, some people aren’t big fans of this. – That’s my reasoning for this suggestion

Anyways great work :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea. I’ll work on that in a few. It also helps when you have mumble-voip which we all know is good but has it’s bugs with voice. so if someone is talking and you can’t hear them, you can see the marker to know something is wrong. (Typical Mumble)

I didn’t even think of that
That’s a bonus point :smiley:

1 Like

Hi is it possible to add custom marker nor from docs ?

Yes you can add any, those were just examples