[Release] SimpleCarHUD - Standalone Car HUD for Speed, Fuel, Seatbelt, Cruise, Time and Location [v1.30]

There’s a bit of an issue with the new release… Sometimes you lose the whole hud for no reason… any idea why?

Have the same problem, client console also displays the error of HANDLING DATA

Hi. Thanks for the release. Is any chance to randomise the fuel system? just make a different fuel level for different vehicle type?
Thanks

my fuel is showing 115% when its actually at 75% i am using LegacyFuel

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for the release. Simplicity at it’s finest. :+1:

I created a topic for help already, but maybe someone here might actually be able to help me! I’m wondering if anyone knows a way to DrawRect to represent the fuel. I feel this sort of goes against the purpose of this resource (which is why I made the separate post) but maybe someone knows a way to create it to listen to the Legacy Fuel resource.

I’ve tried picking apart various resources that DrawRect dynamically with info such as health and armor or other fuel scripts, but I can’t seem to understand the logic.

Any help is appreciated! :smiley:

• Brownie

Edit: I’ve gone through all 490 comments on Legacy Fuel and the ones here for any similar mention. Additionally, searching for tuts on this topic provided limited/no results.

@dracuslayer @Solseer If you are having issues with the fuel percentage being different from Legacy Fuel:
Find this on SimpleCarHUD_cl.lua – line 152:

format(math.ceil(currentFuel))

and just replace it with

format(math.ceil(GetVehicleFuelLevel(vehicle)))

Now you can disable LegacyFuel’s hud, and use SimpleCarHUD’s without any major editing/repositioning.
I hope this helps.

2 Likes

It’ll be nice to have a car diagnostics app in-game, just like IRL. Examples of such apps IRL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motordata.obd And the player could see all the car parameters on the display in real time, like the state of the engine, temperature, pressure etc.

that fixed the issue thank you.

1 Like

I was honestly so happy to see a fix or at least what I thought would be a fix for me. However, I’ve gone ahead and implemented this replacement you’ve provided and it doesn’t work for me. I then realized that I’m using FRFUEL and not legacy fuel, is there anyway you could provide some assistance for the FRFUEL? Any other replacements I could do perhaps? I’d really appreciate it if you could help out a newbie like me with this…

• Thank you very much in advance for your time and help!

A fix with what exactly? Are you looking to get the number to rise to 100, or is your number not going down?

Here is my version of the script, with only minor adjustments including the HUD stays on with engine off, and it seems to work with FRFUEL just fine.

SimpleCarHUD.rar (4.0 KB)

Does anyone have a version like the NoPixel one? I tried editing this resouce to be like theres but i came into issues like moving the text and resizing it and i got a headache, spent two days on it and it didn’t work. If anyone can share theres that would be awesome.

if it took you 2 days and you cant figure it out then theres a problem, ive been coding for about 2 weeks total and ive totally changed mines,

Aww yeh, and if you look up there^^ it tells you how to do it

Thank you very much for your prompt and detailed response.

I’m having issues with the fuel percentage being different from the FRFuel Bar. What happens is that it stays at 100% no matter what. Upon implementing the fix which @Thercio provided it went down to 60%/40% and so on… However, it never matches with the actual fuel bar. If I fill up my tank and the fuel bar is showing full, it will show it as 60% and this is after implementing @Thercio fix. Before implementing the fix it would always remain at 100% - I’ll try to implement your script and see if that works for me.

Thanks again, will update you if it works.

• EDIT: I have tried your version of the script and it constantly stays on 65%. Even when I fill up the tank to full it remains at 65%. Also, after driving for a while and reducing the gas, it still stays at 65%.

image image

Sorry, I don’t use FRFUEL, but I’d suggest that you look into this plugin (if it has a hud or not) and see what variable does it use for the fuel, and try to adapt it to work with SCH. Can’t provide much more help than that, so you gotta try it for yourself.

If you manage to make it work, post it here, so it can also help someone else with the same problem.

Use [Release] [ESX & Non-ESX] LegacyFuel system

And put local fuelShowPercentage = on false. (in the config file)

How can I add a wait into this script without the hud flickering the whole time to optimize it a little bit more?

Hey i cant get it to load when i try to connect on my server.

<Couldn’t load resource SimpleCarHUD. :(>

If you’re wondering, i did change the key for seatbealt and for my cruise control and also added:
currentFuel = GetVehicleFuelLevel(vehicle)

I even tried with a fresh one without any editing and it still doesnt want to load am i doing anything wrong that im not aware of ?

[UPDATE] I was able to figure something out and got it to work but now my other situations is the blimps. I would like to see all gas stations on the map no matter where im at also gotta change the blimps color to red.

Also tried to put both of those to false but didnt work.

Is there a way that it will show KPH by default?

seat 2 only see Fuel 65 can fix it ?

U Should put the postal codes, for the persons in the five m in servers know

1 Like