[Release] Simple Register Items V2, Includes Food, Water and Drunk (ESX)

This is something simple that I made so people can easily add these items or simply add new items to this script instead of putting it somewhere else, just makes it more organized. I have revamped this Script to make it easier than the Original Release, so you will want to update this script. This script adds Coca-Cola, Mtn Dew, Monster Energy, Burger, Bowl of Spaghetti, Taco, Beer and Tequila and makes them usable and adds to hunger, thirst and drunk.

Download: https://github.com/LiveRPserver/esx_LiveRPregisteritems

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/97409c952ad275b0b28f6ad3f0e2f088

Video Tutorial:: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/532716481

Requirements

Download & Installation

• Download and unzip the file
  • Rename the file to esx_LiveRPregisteritems
  • Put in your ESX folder
  • Then add to server cfg. (put what is below)
start esx_LiveRPregisteritems

You will need to add these Items into your database:

burger - Burger

cocacola - Coca-cola

mtndew - Mtn Dew

taco - Taco

monsterenergy - Monster Energy

spaghetti - Bowl of Spaghetti

tequila - Tequila

##If you use Inventory HUD, please read the READ ME for Installation instructions for the images

11 Likes

I have Revamped this script, so if you originally downloaded this script before I posted this (1/8/2020, 2:00 AM ET) then you may want to redownload this script or update your source!

2 Likes

Why would anyone use this when esx_basicneeds is already doing Exactly the same? Makes no sense

2 Likes

Just makes it more organized, why would anyone be so rude and post some nonsense on someones post, someone apparently wasn’t taught manners as a child…smh

6 Likes

Honestly this isn’t for people that know how to do it, I wrote this with extra slots so people that don’t know how to do it can easily add items, for people that know what they are doing you would just put it in basicneeds, but this has alot of things that is commented out so people can easily add items that don’t know how.

3 Likes

I agree with @LifeGoal there really isn’t a point in having this… All you did was pretty much copy esx_basicneeds… This is just adding another nonsense resource to someones server. If ppl don’t know how to add the items in basic needs themselves then they either need to learn or not run a server…

3 Likes

See that thats whats wrong with the FiveM Community, instead of you guys trying to help people, your just like, well… learn it or don’t run a server, look, everyone must start somewhere, if you don’t like it, don’t download it, I just put this out to help people that don’t know how to do this, when I started out, I wish I had this to help me learn, but no I had to learn the hard way, so I made this to help people out, you should see all the DMs I have thanking me for this release, like I said if you don’t like the release and don’t like that someone is actually trying to help the people that are not experienced as us then don’t download and theres the door!

4 Likes

This is where your wrong… Your saying you wish you had this when you started to help you learn… But how would this help you learn? This is just giving someone a bullshit easy way to have shit added… And you know what? I help a lot of ppl and tbh i probably get more help then i give because there is still a lot that I don’t know. But i would rather go look at where the code should actually goes then part stuff somewhere that is just a ’ copy & paste ’ from where i should actually be putting the code… What you did here is not to try and help ppl learn, seems like you did this to enable to ppl to continue to be lazy… Anyways yes it is awesome that you wanna share something with the community and wanna help out others. But remember this is just my ‘Opinion’ about this release, and who says my opinion even matters. So keep doing what your doing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I totally understand, and thanks for opinion, but I don’t feel like this is a script to promote lazyness, If someone don’t know how to do things then they can get this script and once they do this a couple times they will learn that it is a copy and paste anyways, look everyone is titled to their own opinions, thank you for your honesty.

1 Like

IMO, It’s not only the “fivem community”…on ANY game’s community, this kind of releases will get flamed, and it’s for a single reason, people ARE LAZY, and IF you give them things “in a silver plate”…they just WONT learn, because most of the “server owners” know shit about what they’re using/doing, so handing them ready to use stuff won’t really help…we need people to be willing to learn…not just drag & drop resources like insanes…then we see posts with those servers owners, with 400+ crappy resources complaining about fivem’s functionality, and it’s only their fault for adding all that crap…but as they dont know, they will just complain and ask for help (and most of them don’t want help, they want solutions handed to them actually)…
again, it’s just My Opinion…I’m still learning, and I may ask for help too, but only after burning my eyes trying to find a solution on my own…and that’s what I think everyone else should do…in the end, the points on doing this and being here are learning and improving code…or did I get it wrong??

Just to be clear, I Love when people like you try to help people out…I was like that a time ago…then I realized people didn’t wanna learn…they just want ready to use stuff…and when I tried to explain them how to fix something they just said “cant you send me the fixed file?”…that’s pretty much annoying TBH…

1 Like

It’s not ready to use, you have to have to implement things yourself, I made a tutorial on how to do this, so they can add more items. I understand everyone’s point though!

1 Like

I quite like this to be honest, simple to use and guess what, you have to customize it either way and that way you can start to understand some very basics about the functionality of esx_basicneeds with some examples. It’s learning by doing. Just think back to when you were in school, a teacher should never go up to a kid that has a question and go “I don’t know how to write, learn it yourself”.

1 Like

I have no clue how to add new items to basicneeds I have trouble learning and following tutorials so I appreciate this so much I will give it a try but I just want to say keep up the amazing work and this sounds like this will really help out people who are like me that it is hard for us to understand and comprehend new things and things that are complicated so I truly appreciate people like you that are looking out for people like me that want to try do these type of things thanks so much I appreciate it and you have my respect 100%

The tutorial seems to be removed brother

Some people are disabled and it is hard for them to learn and do things on their own js not everyone can learn things on their own some people need all the help they can get but some just have excuses and are just lazy and don’t want to do anything on their own even if they don’t have a disability me I have problems learning and I’m looking out for those ones who are like me that have trouble.

Hey bud, do you still need help adding new items I can show you if you would like

2 Likes

can you show me ,how to add a normal item …not food

To add a normal item all you have to do is insert it into the database like every other item. If you want that to be useable, you will have to use the same process as with food, but instead of the whole TriggerClientEvent('esx_status:add', source... you do this:

ESX.RegisterUsableItem('your_custom_item', function(source)
	local xPlayer = ESX.GetPlayerFromId(source)

xPlayer.removeInventoryItem('your_custom_item', 1) -- If you want to remove it on use
	TriggerClientEvent('customTrigger:doSomething', source) -- Trigger an event for the client using it
end)
1 Like

mythic_notify no longer available when u hit the link u provide

This is the original resource.