[Release] Saving wheel position

Hi,

Based on the resource of @sadboilogan 's wheel position saving.

I experienced the problem that I couldn’t use this on custom vehicles as they turned back to their old position. I went on to try and find out a way to got these cars working either with his script. Yet I found out that this way is working.

It’s the first time using GitHub nor releasing something, so if I broke something or screwed up, please let me know as I apprieciate any feedback :slight_smile:

Download GITHUB

11 Likes

Works amazing Thanx!!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Will look forward to take it on the server thanks alot

1 Like

What exactly wasn’t working in @sadboilogan’s script? As it works fine for any addon vehicle I’ve ever tried, if you use something that keeps the vehicle engine on at all times then it won’t work yeah, because for this to properly work you need the car to turn off.

@Vespura We don’t turn off the vehicles because of various reasons (Emergency services on highway for example)
So we couldn’t do the so called “Fend off” position with running engine.

This version sets the wheels anyway without checking the engine running or not.

hurrr durrrr derp :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry what does this script do? Saving wheel position means what? Sorry sit on my cable i think…

@NebelRebell If you leave your vehicle, the wheels will be set to the last known position. For example: If you turn your wheels to the left and leave, they will maintain that position untill you re-enter the vehicle.

aaaaah AMAZING!!! Thx for that info and fast answert @Delex

1 Like

such simple coding, yet still amazed…

1 Like

Very cool scripts but for some reason. For me it works 1 out 5 try So i thought it was another scripts interfering with it so i disabled it but still work 1 out of 5 try. Not sure why :frowning:

same. any idea as to why it’s doing that? @Delex

@XxFri3ndlyxX @Fan750 Weird, you are using any custom vehicles or any other vehicle modification mods/scripts?

Yes i do use custom police car and i use some vehicle script such as frfuel and realistic vehicle failure but i tried with those disabled and had only vMenu enabled. When i get back home ill try with no script enabled and only use normal gta car and test.

The script works like 1/10.Why is that?

Is there any way to keep the wheels from snapping when turning? That way, when I turn the wheel to the right it stays there until I give an input that says otherwise.

That works only when the engine is off.
You can test this manually. Turn off the engine without leaving the car and move the wheels, they won’t snap back.

how do you install?