[RELEASE] Realistic Weapon Hud & Colored Radio Wheel

I’m sure most people were searching for something close to this, however, most people probably aren’t. For those that ARE looking for something like this, you’re in luck! What this basically does is it changes your GTA5 weapon wheel to be more realistic. Basically, how it works is it changes how the vanilla GUI is set in replace of a realistic hud, i.e. the Carbine rifle will be showing as a M4, the Shotgun will look like an actual 12 gauge shotgun, and the fist would be colored.

How to install:

1. Download the zipped file and extract the files to either your desktop or VPS (Whatever you’re using to host your server.)
  2. Open your \resource file directory (Or whatever file directory you want this to be placed into)
  3. Drag and drop the folder WeaponWheel into your server.
  4. Go to your server.cfg and add the following lines into your server.cfg:
    # Weapon Wheel Starting:
    ensure WeaponWheel
  5. After doing the steps, restart your server and the files should be started and you would see the difference when you open your weapon wheel!
  • For further support / help, reply below, I will try to help if you need it (Unless someone else beats me to it!)

Direct Download: WeaponWheel-V1.5.zip (1.9 MB)
Github Link: Github

Weapon Wheel - Preview:

Radio Wheel - Preview

FAQ

Question: Answer:
Does this work on Qb/ESX? Due to QB/ESX using it’s own inventory system, No.
Does this work on Standalone / vRP? Yes, any server using the vanilla TAB to use your weapons, it will work.
Do I have to pay for this? No
Would this lag my server? No, it shouldn’t affect your server performance.
Do I need anything to have this run with the script? No, you don’t need any dependencies.
Will you offer support? Yes, I will try my best to.
Will this ever be updated? To be honest with you, I’m not seeing myself updating this anytime soon, knowing me I’d forget about it.
Does this support MRK2 Weapons? Yes it supports usage of a Mark 2 weapon.
8 Likes

Question for ya would this still work with an inventory present. Such as qb or ox_inventory which disable the native weaponwheel? Would be cool to use it still even with an inventory present.

Due to ESX / QBCore being a different style, I’m not 100% with that, however, I do know of a inventory script that allows you to change the coloring / icons of the items in your inventory. If you are looking for one~ You can check it out here: GitHub - loljoshie/lj-inventory

1 Like

I noticed this uses a deprecated __resource.lua instead of fxmanifest.lua and also no resource manifest version specified. Is that normal due to it replacing weapon wheel?

I keep using the wrong resource lua, I added the one that I was supposed to add into the zipped file.

1 Like

The only downfall of this is that each gamebuild needs this to be updated, otherwise the weapon appears as nothing, or a black line.

The same goes for the radio icons.

I currently use this and update it every time a gamebuild is supported by FiveM:

It obviously won’t fully work for older gamebuilds because Rockstar annoyingly adds or changes files every DLC.

1 Like

Yea, it’s outdated, but I mean it still works with Mark 1 weapons, however, mark 2 weapons is a different story.

How hard would it be to add the Mark II pictures and then reupload?

Reuploaded a new file Version - 1.2 ~ Update includes support for Mark 2 Weapons.

1 Like

Looking great thanks for the quick fix :smiley:

pssst’

1 Like

I’m confused~

Weapon wheel also shares the music icons, would need a few icons in there to complete it.
And as and added bonus you could change the name of the thread to something like realistic weapon hud & music wheel to gain more attention

Recheck now, I changed it so it should update the radio wheel.

However, if whatever server you’re on is running modded radio channels, it won’t work as these are built off the vanilla radio channels.

1 Like

Thanks again. Perfect release! My brain is happy & HUD looks sexy + realistic.

1 Like