[Release] Ragdoll when shot v2.0

[INSTALLATION]

go to your resources folder
export damageragdoll
Add this in your server.cfg : ‘start damageragdoll’

[DESCRIPTION]

This little script makes people fall down if they get shot and stand up after 5 seconds. This is good for RP server but not much good for anything else. The only problem is that you fall down if you shoot a NPC. I can’t seem to get that fixed so yeahhh, live with it xD. It works good on my server so have fun with it xD

v1.0
damageragdoll.rar (524 Bytes)

v2.0
damageragdollv2.zip (1.3 KB)

• This version only triggers Ragdoll when you are shot in the Leg
  • Bug fixed with NPC
  • Credits to throwarray

Video: https://streamable.com/ozygm

11 Likes

Yeah wait a moment xD

So… If you get shot, you fall down. What happens next?

1 Like

after 5 seconds you stand up xD

1 Like

And do you like walk slower afterwards? If not maybe a suggestion, you know how NPC walk away if they are shot. Implement that.

4 Likes

ohhhh i like that idea. @csg123 please do that. that would be awesome

1 Like

that is actually a nice idea, i’ll look into it :slight_smile:

I’d reference the crouch script to pull the “injured” animation first, however, this script appears to ragdoll the player based on impact of a bullet, not the level of health.

1 Like

Here a Video https://streamable.com/ozygm

I tried doing it with health but the problem was that you would’t get up because the health was always under that point

I’d suggest (for realism purposes) creating a point where if you drop below a certain percent of health, you go into the injured walking animation, and then once you get to an even lower percentage, you’re forced into ragdoll for a short period of time

3 Likes

The problem ist that most RP server have health regen deactivated, so as long as the life stays so, you don’t go out of the animation or ragdoll

That’s the idea behind it. Due to the injury, one is restricted in his movement and forced to call a paramedic and do RP.

2 Likes

True xD I will look in to it but can’t promise anything xD other Problem is that i have more life on my server, anyone know how much standard amount of life is? 200 or 250?

It depends on the player model… Among the MP characters, the female playermodel has 175 HP and the male has 200 HP. Somehow sexistic xD

Instead of using Ragdoll you could also use the animation “writhe”. There is also a task writhe aswell. Only as a suggestion

OR maybe to simplify things, you could force a person to go into “Sunbathe” once they get below a certain level of health instead of ragdolling. This would at least allow the person to cancel the animation

There is a problem because when i shoot at a random NPC, I will fall down . How do i fix this in the Client.lua. that when i shoot a NPC that i dont fall

Did you even read the description. The creator said that is a bug that when you shoot at the NPC’s you will fall. You will have to fix it yourself.

ill make one it will be a few days though because im working on alot rn. :ok_hand:

1 Like