[Release] Quickly merge vehicle .meta files

I tried this but it didn’t work. I couldn’t spawn any of the cars.

Personally I believe that this is one of the most convoluted methods of installing multiple vehicles within a single resource; as a matter of fact, this would either be a last resort for even achieving anything like the desired effect, considering how inefficient and crude this method actually is. Many of the aforementioned posts already denote the potential issues that this method incurs.

I get that this method is three years old; this one is very outdated, and now there are existing methods of installing multiple add-ons within a single resource which are much more efficient than this one.

I’d even consider attempting this method before the aforementioned one in this thread, but for those that are interested in actually attempting to do this in the least painstaking fashion, you’re free to view my own thread about the matter, and the solution to the issue involving it that I’d been attempting to solve.

hi can you make this work with the vehiclelayouts.meta?

Sorry I am late with the response I don’t believe there is a set limit for the amount of vehicles , but I believe maybe after 100 vehicles I would split it to another pack, however you have to keep in mind the pool size which is a FiveM limitation and dictates the amount of data available for addon vehicles. With that said a good way to be conscious of the pool size is to only put in vehicles that are below 50MB, and even that is pushing it, so probably keep each vehicle around 25MB if you can. (I am too lazy to check the actual pool size and don’t know how to determine if it’s over without putting the cars in and waiting for it to complain about being over the limit lol, so it’s really a thing of trial and error.)

I think it really depends on personal preference, I prefer to keep them separate for the main reason of getting modkits confused, and, I prefer to be able to easily edit the handling or properties for a specific vehicle without having to search for it within a single file with hundreds of entries in it. I haven’t had any issues with this method actually so I believe the people who said it causes issues are mistaken and just made a simple mistake when setting it up.

Additionally I like having each vehicle in a folder both in the stream directory and the car data directory because it allows for more organization and I cannot do the things I do on my server without staying organized

Hello i’am having a problem with going in you and sir radbug’s method. modifications is not working for the addon cars.

Thank you.

You have to put the file entries in the specific order he noted as well as the data file entries in their specific order or the modifications will not work. The order is NOT THE SAME for these entries (it is different for the files and different for data files). Hope that helps. My post above details the order you should most likely follow.

Best Regards,

Success

Just realized his post doesn’t show all the files so hopefully this will be of some use.

In my experience this is what I have found:

For file entries it must be this order
vehicles, carvariations, carcols, handling, vehiclelayouts, carcontentunlocks

Then for data file entries it must be this order

handling, vehicles, carcols, carvariations, vehiclelayouts, carcontentunlocks

Just make sure to adapt the order based on what the name of each corresponding file is (as sometimes they have car names in them, but it’s a good idea to check each file if you are unsure what it is)

Good tip to remember is that vehiclelayouts and carcontentunlocks are last for both the file entries and the data file entries, but this is the only thing in the same order, so you should still treat them as different orders.

Best Regards,

Success

it works perfectly fine now sir… Thank you very much for the help

1 Like

Glad to help

Excuse me but, what is the diff between file entries and data files ?

I’m not entirely sure how to explain that in the best way but from past experience it is necessary to have both. I know for a fact that you specify what type of file it is with the data_file entries, whereas the file entries are moreso literally file entries without any specification for what type of file it may be. Hopefully that helps.

I do not know how it is used

I dont get this how do I do it all i get is this

You’re looking for the executables, not source code.

where are they i cant find them

Look harder, read the topic.

I did and it doesn’t exist

1 Like

after i did the merging i could not upgrade the car in the mechanic, can someone help?

do it manually then. to