[Release] Prospecting mini-game

Prospecting mini-game example

An example controller resource for the Prospecting mini-game

This is merely an example use for the Prospecting mini-game.
You are highly encouraged to create your own!
Use this as a base or as a means to see how the system works.

Feel free to release your own controllers! Be it if you’re adding support for frameworks, or adding cool new things to do with this!

This is made to be incorporated into other systems, so go nuts!

Prospecting

You need to download the prospecting mini-game handler here:

Download

Features

• Randomly generated treasure within a pre-defined area
  • Infinitely re-generating treasure
  • Multiplayer support

How to install

Make sure to download and install the Prospecting mini-game handler above (prospecting)!

Make sure all dependencies are downloaded and installed:

Dependencies
prospecting
multilingual
instructional-buttons

Download and install this resource (prospecting-example)

Add ensure prospecting-example to your server config.

Dependencies will automatically be started if they aren’t started already.

Your server console will tell you if any dependencies are missing, please pay attention to it if something doesn’t work.

How to use

A new area will be marked on the map

1. Go to the marked area
  2. Type /prospect to start prospecting
  3. Walk around while paying attention to the scanner
  4. Locate and dig out treasure

Developers

Please read the source code and the documentation on the Prospecting resource page.

Preview

22 Likes

Another really good and original release from you. It’s a neat little concept, and very well done tbh!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Looks pretty good !! :heart: Keep it up :clap:t3::clap:t3:

Where is the download link here?

Added it to the OP

Neat idea!

Nice ending of the video. :smiley:

2 Likes

I installed all the resourses and all the dependencies. In the indicated places I executed the command and nothing happens. no errors.

I installed it all on a fresh FXServer, and it works perfectly fine.
Are you sure there are no errors?

yea. nothing happens in the locations and without errors. it is very irritating when it shows no error because we are blind.

There’s nothing on your radar in your video. The area is supposed to be marked with both a blip and a radial marker on your map. You clearly have failed to install something. I’d suggest starting the server and reading the server console output, if there’s missing stuff it will tell you.
You can also ensure prospecting-example in the server console manually, it should show the same errors if there are any.

1 Like

I cleaned my server.cfg and the radar works but can’t find the items. I modified the items in the example but used the database names and not the labels.

How do I adjust the price received?

Saw you post this in the FiveM discord the other day, was super impressed by the work!
Good shit!

1 Like

Hi is there any way to give the items to the inventory?

great script! can you edit it for ESX version?
has been work on it for a while, but not working as my expect :stuck_out_tongue:

can’t get it working getting this error https://gyazo.com/04b291b3a2b824942c0c77437d030e15 also its in my server.cfg

Install the listed dependencies

I have made a handler for ESX, if people are looking for one it can be found here: https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-esx-r3-prospecting/

Is this script VRP?