[Release] Play Custom Sounds for Interactions

It should have no problem playing any size unless the CEF interface restricts it. I’m not aware of a restriction, though. So, the file completes and starts over? And you can confirm this? Or does the audio file itself have sounds that repeat in it? Because this script does not play a click/beep at any point. That has to be coming from your audio file.

1 Like

The file did complete and start over. However, after checking it, I found that it does play a slight click at the very end of it. When I shortened the audio file to ~30s it works fine. So the only thing I can think of was that the file was too long or too large, but that’s on my end. Thanks for such a fast response! I appreciate the help.

Sure thing! Let me know if you have any further issues with it. Happy to help.

@scott Just wanted to thank you again for addressing my issues.

I have successfully streamed the demo sound to all players using the following script
(written in the es_admin/sv_admin.lua).

elseif commandName == 'Play' then
  TriggerEvent('InteractSound_SV:PlayOnAll', 'demo', 1.0)
  CancelEvent()
3 Likes

Just wondering if its possible to stream vehicle sounds, or replace. Like replacing a vehicle?

1 Like

RESIDENT.rpf and STREAMED_VEHICLES_GRANULAR.rpf arent on the data files list? Are files from those rpfs streamable, i dont quite understand.

Is there any way to randomize which sound gets played when “locking” a car?

You’ll have to build that functionality yourself. However, a simple javascript function could do it.

Well to further advance my question - could you have a file with all the instances of vehicle names (provided by the game - ie: Maibatsu Penumbra {305}) along with the other 100+ vehicles, play a random lock / unlock sound provided in which group the car is in?

Sport
4x4
Classic
Cheap

?

Sorry for the delay, but, yes, however you’d need to develop that yourself.

Why music stop and does end ?

There is a limitation to how long the sound can be. How long is your sound?

The sound long 3.44 sometimes stops at 1.23 another time at 2.18

Can i delete the limitation ?or not

It’s not a limitation I placed. It’s something with CEF/the FiveM file handling. Often times the file is corrupted when it does that. Only seems to happen when it is long. Unfortunately you will need to just shorten your sound file.

Scott

Ok ;( I wanted to create an mp3 but without music it is complicated

(Sorry for my english i’m french L.o.l)

Hello, im new to scripting and have downloaded this FireScript [Release] Firescript v1.0 Alpha
Im wondering how i can make it play a sound when /fire is done in chat a command for the fire script.

You’ll just trigger the event for where you want the sound to play when you start to handle the /fire command.

Scott

How I can turn on the sound? Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: