[Release] Mumble Channel/Grid Based Voip

This is a very simple integration of the integrated mumble voip and the voice target system it provides.

It puts the players into a specific channel based on their position on the map. Cross channel/grid talk is enabled by the voicetarget system.

I would not recommend using this resource on its own, but rather as inspiration or base to make your own channel based voip, also be aware that the way it manages resyncing voip targets is unoptimized but functional.

Known “Bugs”:

• When you restart your voip by turning it off/on in the settings, you will have to run /voipfix to fix your voip.
  • Server console spam because the script is trying to add non-existent channels as voice targets. (can be fixed by actually syncing which channels exist)

Download:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your script, been looking for splitting channel since infinity is out, but oof! that is a looooot of TriggerServerEvent that return to all clients.

We should find an optimized way that doesn’t require a server side

I remember ferrum (the name he had at this time) shared a snippet i changed a bit and added some debug you can see in game, here it is : https://pastebin.com/hfzTmyF6

It’s only client sided but there is some issue printed server side, i’ll try to get some report using it

I don’t see any handling for reconnects due to timeouts. That’s also a potential issue.

The reason it uses server events to resync is because you cant set channel targets to non existent channels. Therefore when a channel gets created you need to resync everyone that should have it as their voicetarget.

This wouldnt be necessary if the channels existed at all time, or if you could add a nonexistent channel as target and it would work as soon as it does get created.

Yes i understand why you did this you don’t really have choice but i mean this shouldn’t be a normal thing to me, i don’t think this is the supposed behaviour fivem want for those natives, hopefully things will be changed so we can make it client side only, doing that much amount of server event with something like 300-400 players seems crazy

Any ideas on how to make it work with GcPhone?

Any new updates for this?