[Release] Modern Seatbelt

Sounds great glad I was able to assist with what I know how to do will be waiting on it!

v1.1.0

Added sound effects when buckling, unbuckling and when driving w/o seatbelt, thanks to @Mercy3.

Update Now

Simply git pull if you cloned the repository using Git.
If you did it the manual way, download from here.

Changelog

Bug Fixes

• 1f33137 Help text flickering on lower framerate
  • b5bb2e4 Constant notify on onesync
  • 525f10d Incorrect HALFTRACK seat exclusion

Deprecation

• a1ce75f Replace deprecated nui protocol

Features

• 7801107 Sounds for buckling, unbuckling and driving whilst disabled
1 Like

Amazing glad I was able to assist with this amazing script hope people enjoy it and of course thanks to you for the effort excited to use this in my server!

1 Like

Is there a way to move the seatbelt icon? I know some older scripts had that ability and couldn’t find anything on your so I figured I’d ask. I want to move it down and to the right a bit. Also might want to rescale the icon but I don’t need that right now.

You can do that yourself by changing top, left for position and width, height for size in static/style.css.
I’m not going to spoon feed, you’ll have go through trial and error until you find something you prefer.

Hey man I seem to get thrown out the windshield randomly when taking my seatbelt off while driving not sure if this is intended or a glitch it’s completely random as well sometimes it happens sometimes it’s perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, I’m going to need more information. I’ve been using it on my server for years and have only encountered one-off issues.
If you can reproduce this bug, please give reproduction steps and I’ll get to the bottom of it.

It seems to happen very randomly its not persistent at all but the way it happens is while your driving you press the button to take your seatbelt off in my case Y it then proceeds to take your seatbelt off but it acts as the player has crashed and gives the ragdoll effect when you don’t have your seatbelt on and crash sometimes you get thrown really high/far sometimes its very minimal and get thrown maybe 5 feet out of the car it actually happened to one of my friends once and he got thrown over a apartment building when taking his seatbelt off whilst driving and its happened to me a few times as well but not as bad.

This is intended. Try increasing the minimum speed required from 50 to 70 at client.lua#L121. The unit is kph.

Alright got it thanks for clearing that up I will try this thank you.

Well-made script! i like it but i got issue and trying to change DefaultKeybind from “K” to " DPAD DOWN ". its not working :frowning: even i tried to change “K” with “L” still noting works than just K. is there other place than config.lua needs change?

Config.DefaultKeybind states this:

After a player joins, their keybind will not change if the default keybind changes.

DPAD DOWN is not a valid keyboard parameter. See input-mapper-parameter-ids/keyboard.
Please read the documentation before asking.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
right, yes i saw that line in config file before, but so there is no way to force it to change for all?
Wish could force it to change keybind for all after default key is change, some scripts let you change default key rightaway tho, but i guess im gonna stick to K key then.

Modern Seatbelt utilises the native resource key bindings.
It does not allow you to change a player’s keybind after being set.
Players can change this key in the console instead, like so:

rbind seatbelt keyboard J seatbelt

(where J can be any input mapper parameter id)

I also see you were attempting to change this key to the d-pad down button. I believe this should work:

rbind seatbelt pad_analogbutton LDOWN_INDEX seatbelt
1 Like

when you drive in your car, you sometimes get thrown out of the car when you put on your seat belt

I have the same issue

@Vimbe @securedtile
I am unable to reproduce. Please submit a detailed issue on GitHub with reproduction steps.
Bug reports on this thread will not receive support.

thank thank uuu <3

not my problem :rofl:

is there a way to set keybind to G ?? for hoel server not just for me