[Release] Mobile radar

alt text

Hello everyone !

Today I’m going to present to you my new script : « radars ».

This script is an mobile radar system. That is, a person in a police vehicle can activate a radar. So it can park on the side of the highway or continue to roll and check the speed of those who exceed it.

alt text

alt text

Setup :
- This script is no longer downloadable. This topic can be deleted.

How to use the radar ?

To turn on/off the radar menu, press “LCTRL + K”.
To move the radar focus, use the “4”, “5”, “6”, “8” keys on the numeric keypad.

12 Likes

Nice!
Instead of showing the Vehicle Model Name (“WASHINGT”), you could apply GET_LABEL_TEXT to those, and get the localized full name. :slight_smile: Just a suggestion.

This script work only with default police cars?

I will change that tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion ! :smiley:

I think that this works with every police car, I will check that soon ! :slight_smile:

I have FX Server and the blue icon pops up but does not give any notifications

1 Like

I put it in my resources folder and its not working am I doing something wrong

I have this on my server but for some reason when people drive by it does not display anything

say thing you hit y but it wont work

Fix :
The system now detects the vehicle when a player is driving !

Help :
If the script does not work after puting it into “resources” folder, it’s because you forgot to add “start radar” into your “server.cfg” at the root of your server.

Thanks all for the report !

1 Like

I got some ideas to make this script even better.

1. Add where you can save toggle/disable a car notification (So you can remember what car you are chasing)

2. Set speed limit on the radar and then when someone exceeds the limit it will give a warning bleep. Also when someone exceeds the limit the green text will turn RED.

3. Change the speed to a amount that is not like ex:73.975464563 - So it will look like ex: 73 - MPH

4. Have a active hud like this http://prntscr.com/g1sv6s and it will update when you are driving if there are people passing you.

Hope you like them!

2 Likes

Update

Before explain this update, I want to say thanks to @Jake.ryan for the suggestion. So !

Modifications :

• Everything is now in a GUI. Press “Y” in a police vehicle to access to this GUI.
  • You now can set the max speed. If a vehicle is rolling faster than the value you enter, the MPH will be red.
  • Model/Plate blacklist. If you search a specific model/plate, you can now add this. If a vehicule with the same model/plate is rolling into the blue circle, the model/plate will be red.
  • You can only be notified if a blacklisted model/plate had rolling into the blue circle.

An HUD will take place at the next update !

2 Likes

Great work, :star_struck:

Thanks you man ! :slight_smile:

can you make a demonstration video?

nOthus i was wonder if you could help me out if you have a discord

very good job but there is a problem when a it’s a player and not a IA it gives the speed and the plate of the police’s car and not the player’s

how did you get it working. I dont mean to bother you guys sorry

`hey hey great script my man! can you make a dashcam? client side? just a suggestion

1 Like

Radar wont work for me. i know it is installed right, the server starts it but it wont activate at all

Good work so far, i cant get it to work in my server, ive done everything, and this one just doesnt want to work, also how can i change the key from “Y” to something else?

1 Like