[Release] Jail N' Jury | An All in 1 Jail AND Court / Justice System | Automated Trial by Jury | Return power to the people

FiveM-JailNJury

A Jail and Justice System that gives power back to the players.
Copyright © 2018 Jarrett Boice

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU Affero General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License
along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.

This is a plug and play resource. Simply download, read the documentation and start utilizing the resource! I will not add ESX support. MySQL support will arrive in the future in a seperate branch of the repository. You can track progress by checking the source repository

Download - GitHub Releases - Newest Version is v1.0.1d

Source Code - https://github.com/itsJarrett/FiveM-JailNJury

Do not ask for support until you had read all of the documentation.

Description

FiveM-JailNJury or Jail N’ Jury is a advanced jail, and justice system / resource for FiveM servers. Jail N’ Jury offer’s advanced jail features with a democratic justice system. If a arrestee feels that they have been falsely jailed, they may request a trial by a jury of their peers, the people of your server’s state. Fear of arrestees escaping? Have no worry, this is literally impossible. People disconnecting to avoid jail? No problem, the justice system has your back and will jail them upon return!

Rundown

Arrest System

Law Enforcement Officers are able to jail arrestees via the jail command. The arrest is then logged via json and placed into the jailed players file. If the arrestee disconnects, their time is paused at whatever time was remaining when they left the server. When the player reconnects, they are re-jailed for the same time, and charges as prior. The prison is able to detect if a arrestee is attempting to escape and will teleport them back to the jail, it is literally impossible to escape the jail.

Justice System

An arrestee may only request a court case if their time is longer than 10 minutes. Once the court case has been granted, their jail time is paused and an advertisement is given to all players regarding an upcoming court case. Players are given 5 minutes to make their way to the courthouse for a chance at becoming a juror. A minimum of 3 jurors must be present for the court case to proceed. There is a maximum of 5 jurors. Jurors are selected randomly from players at the courthouse and cannot be any police personnel. Selected jurors are then briefed on the suspect’s charges. The arrestee and jurors are then teleported to the court room. The arrestee is given 1 minute to explain their charges to the jurors, at this time the jurors are muted and cannot speak or type. After the 1 minute has passed, the arrestee is teleported back to the prison and awaits the verdict. The jurors are then unmuted and are able to type and must deliberate for 1 minute. After the 1 minute has passed, the jurors are then muted again and asked to cast their verdict, they are given 30 seconds. After this, jurors are relieved from their duty and teleported back to the courthouse entrance. The verdict is then calculated. For a arrestee to be found not guilty, they must have a 2/3 or 3/5 vote. The verdict is then displayed to the public and the arrestee is either re-jailed for their remaining time or released depending on the outcome of the trial.

Commands

Command Arguments Explanation
/jail PlayerID Time "Charges" This command is used by police to jail arrestees. The PlayerID is the ID of the player, the Time is the time in minutes, the "Charges" are the charges. The charges must be surrounded by quotes in order to capture all of the seperated words.
/unjail PlayerID This command is used by police to unjail an arrestee. The PlayerID is the ID of the player.
/requesttrial None This command is used by arrestees to request a court trial. There are no arguments for this command.
/jurorverdict yes or no This command is by jurors to send their verdict regarding the trial. yes is interpreted as guilty. no is interpreted as not guilty.

Configuration

The configuration file is located in sh_config.lua

Configuration Key Explanation
JailConfig.jailFile A string of the filepath for the json file in which the jailed players are stored.
JailConfig.stateName This is a string that is used in many factors of the system for the state. Ex. Superior Court of San Andreas.
JailConfig.policePeds This is an array that the system checks against to see if a player is a police officer via checking the ped model.
JailConfig.courtStartTime The system interprets this integer as the amount of minutes to give potential jurors to show up to the courthouse location.
JailConfig.courtEntraceLocation This is an array that the system interprets as a vector for the courthouse front entrance. This is used to display the blip as well as the area in which the system will select jurors.
JailConfig.defendantLocation This is an array that the system interprets as a vector for the position at which the defendant or arrestee will be during the court case.
JailConfig.jurorLocations This is an array of vector arrays for each of the juror locations inside the courthouse.
JailConfig.prisonLocation This is an array that the system interprets as a vector for the prison location where arrestees are sent to jail.
JailConfig.prisonEntraceLocation This an array that the system interprets as a vector for the entrance to the prison. This is where arrestees are sent after they are released.

Credits

• Gaming-Asylum - Gaming-Asylum-Wiki - Gaming Asylum Servers have a similar jail and justice system on their Arma 3 servers. I drew inspiration from this server because their system is very effective and fun.

Pictures

Map Image of Courthouse

In-Game and Map Image of Court Area

18 Likes

FiveM already implements the json.encode/json.decode features, no need to add anything for it to work

1 Like

Wow, didn’t realize this. Will remove the library.

Crazy good work man! Will definitely use this in our Dev server and see how it runs! Great Idea in theory! I think I’ll up the time though because 1 minute is not enough time per se. I like the idea a lot and can see you editing this even more in the future! Good job!

3 Likes

Very very nice script. One suggestion. The ability to allow the officer to testify too. I feel like any criminal can just lie about the whole story. Regardless great work!

Great Script!

1 Like

WOW! Ive always loved the asylum jail system, awesome to see someone make it for fivem. This is revolutionary.

<3 for having the request trial in jail exactly as Asylum had it. I went to the courthouse to get my $2,000 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Developers are more than welcome to fork and add economy support for themselves. The functions are just sitting there, you can easily compensate a juror for serving on a jury after the trial is over.

Is it possible to replace the police peds with a steam ID feature, or say when you do a MySQL update to check a steam ID in a database?

• Awesome work, one of the first working, non-ESX Jailing scripts that keeps the players in jail, that I have seen.

What an amazing script. Already implemented and made some small tweaks to fit our servers. Great job my man.

Bug: When you request a trial and not enough jurors show up the time never continues so the prisoner is stuck in jail forever.

Feature Request / Suggestion: Allow the prisoner to be out on bail the five minutes that it takes for the court case to happen. Not sure if this is feasible or possible but just an idea for that true realism. Maybe add a config setting for any crime over X minutes doesn’t get a bail option. Again, real life.

Awesome script, truly. You’re the best.

1 Like

hmm good job m8 im gonna use this script

I went ahead and fixed this bug. Please download the latest release.

Great to see that people are liking the script. I appreciate your feedback.

@Chemical

I will go ahead and add this feature soon. It will become optional between player peds or mysql integration.

I also have a bug to state, when the script places the map blip for the court it has atleast 1000 blips in the same area.

1 Like

Also fixed. Thanks for the report.

1 Like

Impressive. An actually awesome release. Extremely rare.

1 Like

In config multiple police peds will not allow anyone to jail it says you do not have permission. If you leave it to one ped it works, with multiple it does not. I did see the other bug with not enough jurors and time being paused but that appears to be fixed already!

This bug was also fixed. Check the change log under releases.

Many bug fixes have been implemented. It is very important to update to the latest release!

Also when you first start up the server, you are not allowed to mark markers on your map for any reason.

1 Like

Ensure you are on the latest version, it was fixed in the last release.